knots

J

jim barnes

i desparetly need some help on this subject started fishing with method feeder and cage feeder ,
it seems every time i tie swivel link to main line and get anything half decent {carp] it seems to snap at this point same if i tie my method to main line[as you can tell not been fishing long]use knotless knot for hook lenght no problem there . if anyone could e mail me some UNDERSTANDABLE diagrams would be brill

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Click on the Rig's Page pod on the left and you'll find some knot diagrams in there.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Jim,
the Palomar knot is very good and easy to tie and is on the page Graham suggested look here <a href=http://www.fishingmagic.com/news/article.asp?SP=&v=1&UAN=1573>knots</a>

hope this helps.

J

John Pleasance

Jim, you may have to look at the line strength you are using,casting a heavy feeder repeatedly puts a lot of stress on the line, particularly the last few feet.

W

Willie Russell

Jim, together with Johns' comments, how are you finishing you're knots off. Do you really moisten the line and draw the knot up slowly to the swivel eye, thus preventing heat generation in the line, as you tighten the knot? Heat generation can severly affect the performance of monofilament line at this critical point.
Personally, I always take my time tying my knots and if I'm not 100% happy with it I'll re-tie it. I even bought a pair of magnifying spes (from Tesco's for a tenner) to make sure everything is as it should be as I bed my knots in.

J

jim barnes

thanks guys going on holiday to lanzarote today [23 june ] will check everything out when i get back
thanks again.