Octopus super stool

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
When we were assembling in the car park at Clattercote on Saturday along comes Nigel Connor with his latest acquisition the Octopus super stool looking for all intents and purposes like a small attache case. I was very impressed firstly by its lightness, it weighs next to nothing, but also by its portability and suitability, in fact I was completely gobsmacked by it.

It is on the same lines as the old canal boxes that were once so popular but no longer made except that it folds up and ideal for me (or anyone else) both on pools and more importantly on the river. So impressed was I that I rang up Fosters this morning and bought one for £117 incl. p&p (normal price £125). What a great piece of kit and you just watch the other box makers start to turn out a similar product.

Reaction score
Should imagine Corkers got at least one already:wh

Seriously I am on the lookout for a new chair (last one caved in on the Dove...and I've been losing weight!!)...would you advise to consider instead of a chair or as well as?

Last edited:

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I find chairs a bit awkward on some tight river pegs where there isn't a lot of room and because of its smaller footprint this type of seat is just the job. I do have a Nash Nomad chair which is probably the lightest of all the chairs and has a reasonably small footprint but I find its a bit wearing on my back because it is so low. I also do a bit of pole fishing so it serves a dual purpose and this box takes the various fittings that make life so much easier when fishing., extending rod rest, bait tray etc.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I'm still looking for a replacement for my tatty old Efgeeco Rover seat. Absolutely brilliant they were, yet although some companies are close to it in design, they won't put a seat on top so you can sit on it.

I believe Peter Jacobs has a Rover, but he won't sell it to me. (hint, hint!)

(Insert cheeky-smilie-thing for him)

Morespiders

Reaction score
I saw that too Graham; he really is turning into a right old Tackle Tart, isn't he.

[isert obligatory smiley thing - - - - > HERE]

Yes Peter he certainly is, had it slung over his shoulder like a bloody handbag.

I liked the run off channel in the middle, ideal for old people like Whatmore, Marsden and yourself, saves keep getting up, and also the embaressment of standing there in full view, bet you didnt see Mr Conner get up once all day.
Personally, i prefer a chair with a back on, so when i doze off, (which is often these days) i dont fall off , which i would think would happen with just a thin seat, plus it would play havoc with old backs.:)

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes Peter he certainly is, had it slung over his shoulder like a bloody handbag.

I liked the run off channel in the middle, ideal for old people like Whatmore, Marsden and yourself, saves keep getting up, and also the embaressment of standing there in full view, bet you didnt see Mr Conner get up once all day.QUOTE]

Old? did you call me "old"? you cheeky beggar, the 2 G's have got at least 10 years over me.

I'm just a spring chicken by comparison - and I still work full time too, unlike those 'retired' blokes!

Old, indeed!

And to think there was me defending your slight of thought with the bosses car too.

Graham, methinks you were right, he needs shooting.

[insert U-No-Wot > > > > > HERE]

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I've got one and it's simply....brilliant...and you are right Sensa is now doing a similar product ;)

Tubertinni made a similar product about 12 years ago, I have one in the garage somewhere.

It was a brilliant piece of kit for those 3 hour mid-week matches where you only needed a couple of short whips and a waggler rod.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
That bl@@dy spiderman gets everywhere doesn't he, I might be old Mr Spiders but I can still outfish you and without falling off my perch either.

The slot in the seat is designed to allow the wind to escape which can be a bit smelly at times and a bit offputting but with the added advantage that it circulates to those on nearby pegs putting them off and missing bites while they search wildly for the source of the foul odour.

Morespiders

Reaction score
That bl@@dy spiderman gets everywhere doesn't he, I might be old Mr Spiders but I can still outfish you and without falling off my perch either.
Who rattled your cage Whatmore, keep eating the millet, and cuttlefish

Outfish me?, you caught one blind carp.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
The said Octopus box has arrived and it is standing proudly assembled in the hall (it took all of 90 seconds) just begging me to take it fishing the only problem being the Wye is about 5ft up according to Woody having dropped from 9ft on Sunday :eek:

It will be spot on by Friday providing we don't have any more rain so I will get a chance to try the box in situ along with the new rod that I bought off Ray - cor! mate! its like Xmas in the Whatmore household, I might even splash out and buy a new wig for Mr Spiders the one he has now is looking a bit wispy and tired.

Reaction score
I thought for one moment you were talking about titanic turds from gastropods!
No chance Ron I will leave that sort of topic to Mr Corker.

I refer the honorable members for Rotherham and the Dark Forest to the second response to the thread.

Graham looking at the weather forecast you may be better advised to utilise the stool as one of those floats we used to have when we learned to swim!!