More on Barrie Rickards

Colin Brett

Reaction score
Funeral details for the late Barrie Rickards

Arrangements for Barrie’s funeral
The funeral is arranged for Monday 23rd November at 2pm in the Chapel of Emmanuel College, Cambridge.
The service will be followed by a reception/wake in the college.
A cremation will be held the following day at Cambridge Crematorium for family and close friends.

Donations can now be made in memory of Barrie to either

St. Johns Ambulance
or
Cancer Research UK.

Donations should be sent referring to Barrie, to

Richard Stebbings Funeral Services,
Kendal House,
Cambridge Rd,
Impington,
Cambridge,
Cambridgeshire, CB4 9NU

There is very little parking in the centre of Cambridge and what there is, is expensive!
Those travelling from out of the city are advised to use one of the 5 park and ride sites.
These are situated on Milton Rd, Madingley Road, Trumpington Rd, Newmarket Road and Babraham Road.
Buses run every 10 – 15 minutes and stop directly outside Emmanuel College.

Link to map of Emmanuel College

University of Cambridge Official Map - Emmanuel College

Park & Ride map Site Map

Colin

Last edited:

Trevor Sawyer

Reaction score
I went along to Barrie's funeral yesterday and can report that it was a fitting tribute to a great man. Emmanuel College Chapel in Cambridge was packed to overflowing and the event was attended by a wonderful mix of his academic and angling friends. His achievements were such that it is amazing how he fitted it all in. I'm sure many of his work friends were not aware how influential he was in angling circles and vice versa. He will be greatly missed.

Trev

Dave Slater

Reaction score
I am pleased it went well Trev. It must have been a very sad occasion for you with working at the university as well as the fishing.
I see that this is only your second post so you must have just joined. Welcome to FM. I am sure you will like the site. If you want to activate the PM feature on your profile it would be good to keep in touch. I use this facility to keep in touch with people, as does John H, and it is very useful.

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
I, too, attended. Des Taylor's words were very good and most appropriately very funny at one stage. Well done, Des.