Blythe comes good again

D

Dave Johnson

We had our 'fur and feather' match on the R Blythe on Sunday and as expected the river was perfect. I drew the same peg that gave me second place last week and went one better landing 11 chub for just under 22lb-3 on the centrepin (nice0 and three on the lead.
Biggest shock of the day though was a rumour that father-in-law had landed a massive brown trout lower down the river.
For those of you who know the river, the brownies above Blithfield reservoir rarely go much over two pounds and the average chub is 2 1/2lb-so when we went down to weigh this monster that I expected to maybe go 4lb.......there was a huge fin perfect Brownie that just went over 10lb and with his 2 chub gave him second place. The fish took 40 mins to land and two landing nets due to its length. Truly a fish of a lifetime from such a small river and witnessed by all of the club fishermen.
I will post the photo to Graham so that he can display it on the site-a real specimen.
Needless to say it was well looked after and returned strongly to its little pool to no doubt dispose of plenty more unsuspecting comorants.
Chub