Arriving with missing tackle!!

Paul C

Reaction score
Went fishing Sunday for the first time in 3 months.

Probably the longest period of not fishing since I discovered women, beer and fags, perhaps not in that order.

I've been busy doing an extension at home, so when I came to deciding I needed a day off and a days fishing was in order, I had to re-arange the garrage to find my stuff.

On route I realised I was without one or two things, but nothing I could cope without. Got to my peg, tried out the flask, realised my bag with my bait wasn't with me!!
Aint life great sometimes....... Thankfully I was with a mate and I sponged half his stuff and made do and all was not lost. He had a great days fishing despite losing half his bait.

After all these years, how the hell do I still arrive on the bank minus something vital?? Last time it was a landing net, the time before I had no reels at all.

Taps wood heavily - I do hope I don't get Alzheimer's.
Was that the front door or the back door?

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Shame you aint forgot to make yer Fantasy transfers though......;)

Not a forget, but I didn't take me chair the other day. Cor blimey me knees played up after all that crouching tiger stuff! Knelt/sat on me unhooking mat, only to discover I'd placed it on an ants nest!!!

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think it's an age thing lol. I'm at a stage where I can't seem to make a decision ..which rods to take..errr.. Mmm..two rods or one.. which reels etc, etc, it's gettin beyond a joke !

Oh yeah, n'then I always bloody forget somethin !

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Wish I thought it was just age - when I was 14 and lifts to fishing spots were like gold-dust, an uncle gave me a lift to the canal... great joy ... remembering my rods would have made my happiness complete.

sagalout

Reaction score
I was fishing about a year ago, in a swim by the car park. A bloke arrives gets out the car, looks in the boot and says "Oh dear, I have forgotten the bait" (well it was something like "Oh dear"). Gets back in his car and drives off.

Ten minutes later (this water is just outside the town) he's back. get out of the car, opens the boot and says "Tut, tut, I haven't got my tackle box, silly me" (well words to that effect).

I did laugh.

Landing net is my normal forget, it is hanging out to dry from last time and all the other gear is still in the car. I have done that so often know, that I have bought another one so there is always one in the car.

Xplorer1

Reaction score
I've got to the stage where I HAVE to write lists for everything: three things from Tesco's? Write a list. So I have a Word template which lists everything I could possibly want to take in the way of tackle, permits, food, drink, clothing, camera, polaroids and so on. It starts off with the water and the target species. I sit at my PC, work through the list checking off everything I need for a trip, then print it and work through it again in the garage, ticking it off, item by item as I pack them. So far, it's worked.

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Right up till the point you forget to print the list, or worse, you forget to go fishing :eek:

I also do something similar to Xplorer1, not as extreme, but i do lay everything out in the Garage before loading it in the car.

My seat box with it's Drwas and deep base unit and lift up Seat compartment, are invaluable, i keep everything in there, from Discorgers, shot, spare hooks, spare line, well all the small stuff you need, and pole rigs, and made up rigs etc etc.

Brilliant, unless you forget your Seat Box.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I judiciously wrote lists as well, a list for gear for feeder fishing on the river, a list for floatfishing on a river and a seperate one for lakes, a list for method sessions, a list for polefishing.

Guess what?

Yep! I've lost the lists - doh! :(

BTW I love this Matchangler forum, so friendly and full of fuddy duddies who have no memory like me?

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Err......what am I doing here :confused:

---------- Post added at 09:11 ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 ----------

Most of the things I forget, I remember in my minds check list, usually as I'm driving, and within half a mile from the house!!!

The chair is the usual one I never seem to remember, and the camera, but that hasn't mattered agreat deal.

Xplorer1

Reaction score
"Err......what am I doing here :confused:"

---------- Post added at 09:11 ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 ----------

I can't remember.....

thagamest1

Reaction score
Spanish pete

Do 2 things, 1/ take/go with a well equipped mate and 2/ dont go far !! At my age now the worst thing to leave behind is my comfortable chair as the thought of being perched on a box all day which used to be normal, is simply a nightmare. As to the other things, I personally take just about every item of tackle known to man such that it needs a crane to empty the car. As a result, no more long walks down the Trent but you can`t have everything.

Muffin

Reaction score
Left Flask behind today
once drove off with hangover having took the cheese box out of the fridge instead of sandwich box........did not eat cheese for months after that.

Ha Ha! Brilliant Slimey, made me chuckle this one :)

I normally forget a landing net, but I dont know why I ever take one fishing really as I never get to use the damn thing!!!

richiekelly

Reaction score
i once drove over 60 miles to fish the severn when i got there i found i had left my tackle box at home drove back to get it then all the way back to the severn

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
My 'favourite' forgotten item has to be my landing net handle.

Usually it is a shorter drive to the tackle shop than back home; consequently I do own quite a few landing net handles!

Matthew Nightingale (ACA)

Reaction score
One of the great things about fishing is that, as long as you don't take the p***, a fellow angler will always help you out. I do forget or loose stuff (because I'm dopey and because there's usually a fair gap between outings) and often a fellow angler will automatocally lend you something or give you a packet of hooks or whatever. Its one of the sports great attractions.

Nathan

Reaction score
Just so you dont think this condition solely effects 'oldies', I took my other half tench fishing on a local lake, got there set up all her stuff then realised i'd forgotten my rod. Went back home to get it then started setting myself up only to find i'd left my reel so back home i went. By the time i got fishing the tench had had their morning feed & I caught sod all. Dont you just love those days!

Rickrod

Reaction score
This is something Ive always been good at

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
Has to be landing net. Bait you can sometimes dig up. Went trouting and left landing net in the garage, managed a few trout and hand lined them, only later, a mate siad there are usually spare landing nets in the club hut. 3 were in there when I looked on booking out.