Happy Bunny

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
It's been a long time since I went barbelling, so yesterday was the time to get at it again.

The weather was very mild 12 degrees, the Bristol Avon was up six inches and coloured. It was looking good.

Anyway, I manged to winkle out an 11.10 (equal pb) yesterday, went back this afternoon and caught an 11.09 (different fish). What a great weekend, I forgot how hard big barbel pull.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Nice one Steve, was it Seans article that spurred you on? It got me going,
after a 4 year barbel quest I stopped a few years ago,didnt do bad with 4 doubles.
But I did go today, and blanked on the Colne.........:(

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
It was just the conditions Peter and I've been banging on to ar kid to go to ........... to catch some barbs, I had to show him they were there.

I really enjoyed it, despite the terrible weather tonight!

klik2change

Reaction score
Well done Steve - I'm out tomorrow. the Trent a foot up and falling....!

It might be raining on the bank but the fish [probably] won't know!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I've put the pics into photo bucket, is there an easy way of downloading them onto FM?

I've tried, but am very thick :(

---------- Post added at 17:48 ---------- Previous post was at 17:02 ----------

I think I've done it?
Two pics in my 'Fishy Pics' album.

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
I've put the pics into photo bucket, is there an easy way of downloading them onto FM?

I've tried, but am very thick :(

---------- Post added at 17:48 ---------- Previous post was at 17:02 ----------

I think I've done it?
Two pics in my 'Fishy Pics' album.

Nice brace Steve, well done mate :)

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Cheers Rodders, how did you do that???

I've gotta stop doing that with my middle finger on my left hand and I need a hair cut.

Seriously though, I am chuffed to bits! I've had three barbel at 11.10 now, one at 11.09 and one at 11lb. The two this weekend (11.10+11.09)were very special though. I was very tempted to go again today, I don't think Wendi would have been too happy though.

I am torn between two loves now. Do I continue with the barbel while the conditions are spot on with fish up to 15lb or do I go after my 2lb roach? My roach venue should also be spot on....

I feel like a kid in a sweet shop.....

I've gotta keep pinching myself too, this year has been lousy for the conditions, but I've done fantastically well up until now. I really don't know what to do, barbel or roach?

Reaction score
If I didn't know you better Steve I'd say that look was more smug than grateful!;)

Well done again ..great angling

---------- Post added at 20:02 ---------- Previous post was at 19:53 ----------

I really don't know what to do, barbel or roach?

poshpaul-angling-trust-and-pasc--albums-poshers-selected-shots-picture1631-harryhill-fight.jpg

(Just to annoy Ed!)

Reaction score
Looking forward to it Steve...probably into 2010 now!!!

See you on the Idle in 3 weeks...trying to find where I put my 2lb bs reel line....and need to practice tying on size 22 hooks to 1 lb bs line . It's years since I've fished so light!!!:eek: (or is Ron having me on ;) - although Spiders is also searching through his web for similar fragile gear)

Muffin

Reaction score
Those are funny looking Roach Steve!

Well done mate, I need a little break from catching sod all at the moment, fingers crossed I will be able to get out in some better conditions this weekend.

I am unlike you not feeling like a kid in a sweet shop, I'm feeling like a kid in detention, but your result this weekend has inspired me to stop feeling sorry for myself and just get on with it!

Congrats, but still am looking forward to the pictures of you with a 2lb BA roach :)