Hello from Northumberland

jgib01

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and just thought I'd say hello. Haven't fished for 5 or 6 years but have recently starting hunting with air rifle and shotgun and its got me wanting to get back into angling. I used to do a fair bit of trout fishing on the fly mostly at Sweethope, Derwent, Fontburn, Kielder and Whittle Dean. If anybody could share any knowledge of how these are fishing at the moment that would be great.

My best ever catch was about 9 years ago when I brought in a 9lb 8oz rainbow, casting from a boat on Sweethope. To my memory it was using a Dawson’s Olive tied by my Dad and I was proud as punch having brought it in myself, not a bad catch for a 12 year old.

I'm hoping my Dad will re-teach me to tie knots and I might need some casting practice in the back garden before tackling the bank. I would prefer to fish from a boat while I get used to casting again but I am god-awful at rowing so if anybody knows of a reservoir that rents boats and motors that would be very helpful.

All the best,

Mike

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Hello smiiithy,

Welcome to the Marvels of FishingMagic. :D

We're a friendly bunch really.

Feel free to ask any questions, or, just to join in on a current topic of conversation.

Tight Lines.