Book for review by Mr Corker......

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Just in time for Xmas, the 'Complete and Utter Adventures of Donald Effingham-Mudde and Damien' Collected together for the first time, revised, re-written and with a new, never before seen chapter

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Adventures-Donald-Effingham-Mudde-Damien/dp/1449538169/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1259252535&sr=1-1#noop"]Amazon.com: The Adventures of Donald Effingham-Mudde and Damien (Volume 1) (9781449538163): Kevin Perkins: Books[/ame]

All proceeds to the Home for Bewildered Anglers...........

r1paul

Reaction score
I will second that Graham , if you like good old fashion humour , in the style of " Just William " Mr Corker , then you will love this , great stuff .:) :cool:

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
That, I figured out.
But I live in England, so I like to shop in pounds sterling, and not pay postage from America, so I use their co.uk version...

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Fred et al....

The 'new' version is a compilation of all of the D & D stories (not just 12 as in the original), with some bits refreshed and new bits added. I think (hope) it just rounds off the series, and is more of a personal thing to me to see them all together.

As for Herbert, I'm afraid he had to give way as I had to put a bit of tosh about the author in the description.

As to being on Amazon.com, that's the only place I could get it published, and $7.99 is about £5.00 at today's rates, which is what the original was priced at.

I will buy a few copies for family and friends (not as Xmas presents....!!) but i doubt it will sell any more than that. As I said, it's purely an ego trip for me.

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Hi Merv

Sorry, no. The only copy I got was the proof, and I don't even get discount if I buy my own book........!!!

Newsflash.......!!!!

Apparently I do get 'Author's discount' If I can get 20 or so deluded individuals who want the book I will order them up and should be able to sell them at around £5.50 inc p+p

Last edited:

Graham Marsden

Editor Emeritus
Reaction score
If someone who gets hold of a copy can do a review I'll gladly publish it, starting as a headline article, and therefore give it more prominence than just this thread on the forum.

I miss old Donald and young Damien on the site and I think it's a pity that Kevin decided their time was up.

Patrick Leigh 2

Reaction score
Hi Merv

Sorry, no. The only copy I got was the proof, and I don't even get discount if I buy my own book........!!!

Newsflash.......!!!!

Apparently I do get 'Author's discount' If I can get 20 or so deluded individuals who want the book I will order them up and should be able to sell them at around £5.50 inc p+p

I'll have 3.

A few years agao I picked up a copy of the original book you published from MKAC in Bletchley and after a very enjoyable read, it was passed onto my father then my uncle and I beleive after him it went round his syndicate water with numerous quiet nights interupted by the sound of laughter from a bivvy or two for quite a while..

Never did get it back :(

As I believe you are local to me Kevin (I see you in the council flyer I think) I'll pay the P&P price with pleasure but can collect from you to save the postman the hassle!

Look forward to reading the latest...

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
M'lud

No extra charge for signed copies, although it will decrease the resale value as it counts as defacement, but who do you want it to be signed by.....???

Last edited:

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Four copies, please! Still haven't forgiven myself for missing the first issue.
Or would it be better to go through Amazon and bump it up their ratings?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Two copies, signed, for me please Kevin.
(one for me and one for a friend for Christmas)

May I echo Graham's comment: we really miss Donald and Damian on FM!. . . . . .