Fishing for anything

Beaker

Reaction score
Recently I have taken a long hard look at my fishing,trying for one species then another,and then another.

I decided to fish for anything that comes along,and since I have I have enjoyed it so much more.

Any other members think like me that it can get monotonous just fishing for one species,carp for example and ignoring all others(carp for example).

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
In the summer as soon as the carp are taking bread of the top I get a bit side tracked in my fishing and will spend all my fishing time in the evenings after them, but I find after about 4 or 6 weeks I get the urge to see the float dip and the wonder of not knowing what I've hooked

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
I think that most forms of fishing, have a specific species in mind for their chosen target.

I say this because people will set up Poles, Rods etc with specific Main Lines, Hook Lengths, Hook Sizes, Baits etc

You may not be bothered about what takes the bait, but you still set up with a specific size of fish in mind.

I would like a mixed bag of fishing experiences, general all round fishing, specific specimen fishing through out the year, but it just isn't financially viable for me at the moment to have so many different set ups just to suit a specific type of fishing for all fish types.

I am happy just to catch. :D

Andrew Macfarlane

Reaction score
I don't mind catching whatever comes along but I do normally fish with a particular species in mind.

I don't complain if I catch carp when I'm tench fishing or rudd when I'm roach fishing for instance but it's rare for me to just go fishing and set up to catch 'anything'. There's always a target.

That said, there's nothing worse than catching a big perch or a good eel when pike fishing or catching any specimen-sized fish on over-gunned tackle by accident. Even though the fish itself may have merit, such captures take away from the pleasure of catching particular species by design.

I can't agree with myself....:(