Practical Carp Fishing by Graham Marsden and Mark Wintle

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
Is it not about time we got a 'section' for members who wish to just post with 'freebe - cheap plugs'.............

;);):)

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Personally, I think you both ought to sign a couple of copies and send them to me and Jeff to review. The usual tenner inside the dust cover each should ensure a half decent thumbs up :wh

Graham Marsden

Editor Emeritus
Reaction score
Is it not about time we got a 'section' for members who wish to just post with 'freebe - cheap plugs'.............

;);):)

We have, it's called 'staff' or 'admin':p

---------- Post added at 06:47 ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 ----------

Personally, I think you both ought to sign a couple of copies and send them to me and Jeff to review. The usual tenner inside the dust cover each should ensure a half decent thumbs up :wh

Richard's got the review copy and I'm keeping out of who reviews it:)

---------- Post added at 06:48 ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 ----------

Now, if I'd have though of that Geoff I would have saved myself almost £20 plus P&P.

Dammittt!!!!!!

Looks like we've sold one copy at least!

Frothey

Reaction score
nah, it'll never sell - no realtree on the front cover (though there are some real tree's!) and I couldn't see a picture of a chod :)

My family really are getting fed up with getting me books for christmas...... so that might be 2 copies ;)

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Amazon are selling the book from as low as £12.66p New, which is a bargain in that respect.

Yes, but 2 weeks ago they were Out of Stock - Limited Quantity it said . . .

So, I got mine from the publisher at the damn full price . . . . . .

Do you think that the Authors might offer to refund me the difference?

Nah, thought not . . . . .

The Monk

Reaction score
its about time you brought another book out Graham, it looks good, must get a copy for the book shelf

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
SV said "Amazon are selling the book from as low as £12.66p New, which is a bargain in that respect".
Plus £2.75 postage.
Amazon themselves selling at £15.54, free postage.

How much does Graham and Mark get out of a sale? Do they get more when bought at top price?

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Without divulging the exact terms of our contract etc. the way it works is this: authors earn royalties on a percentage of the net price which is the amount the publisher receives not the actual selling price. But Amazon demand and get a bigger discount on full price than an ordinary retailer so that sales through Amazon earn less royalties than book shop sales. So variances in Amazon's price don't affect the royalties earnt as they are paying a fixed percentage price of full retail.

In addition publishers make an advance payment of royalties that has to be 'earnt' before any more royalties are paid. This is obviously based on projected print run and potential sales. Generally fishing book advances are very small compared to the headline best seller advances though occasionally big publishers get it wrong vis a vis David Blunkett's autobiography which had an advance of £400,000 yet hardly sold at all.