Reading and District - Affiliated Clubs

Reaction score
Can anyone recomend an affiliated club to RDAA?

I am thinking of joining next season. It seems that I have to join an affiliated club to do so.

Some extra river streches such as the Loddon/Blackwater/Whitewater would be a bonus.

Will Barnard

Reaction score
Mike, there are a few clubs you can join who already have some exlusive waters, as far as the Loddon goes, I think just Y.O.T.A.C. 21 are the only affiliate who have a stretch.
The Rdaa permit itslef is 50 quid plus whatever the club you are joining charge on top. Courage/SE just add a tenner on top as we don't have any exclusive waters.
As an associate member of the RDAA (if you live more than 35 miles away), the price is 60 quid flat

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I live in the area(but nearer High Wycombe)and RDDA do have some great looking water and if I lived the other side of Reading I would also join....

The RDDA website gives some very good info and a list of affiliate clubs which also includes a tackle shop in Woodley where(I THINK)you can also join up but I may be wrong on this.

I did make contact with the club secretary some time ago and he was very,very helpful-he even sent me an email that gave permission to walk aound the various waters.....they seem to work very hard for the members as well.....

I shall watch your replies with interest!

Reaction score
Hey all - thanks for all the quick responses.

I live about 15 miles away so I cannot join directly as an associate.

Fred - I never thought about the Barbel society. I had a look at their website and was salivating over the fantastic looking waters they offer. Then I got to the prices and unfortunately I just can't justify it for the number of times I would make use of it. Oh well!

Will - YOTAC sounds interesting - I can only find one reference to it "Ye Olde Thames Angling Club" - is that correct?

Tee Cee - I think I know the shop in Woodley. I'll pay them a visit to get some more info. If I can buy a permit in the shop all the better - I hate writing letters and cheques.

Will Barnard

Reaction score
Mike, the tackle shop in Woodley sells Rdaa permits through my club Courage/SE, as does Kings of Maidenhead. If you are dead set on YOTAC 21 then contact the head honcho MR G Chapman on 0118 942 9067

Last edited: