Fantastic Pole deal from Angling Direct.

paul_sharman

Reaction score
Angling Direct offer

Just let you all know that Angling Direct are joining the Fishing magic community so you will see their banner starting to appear. As part of this we asked them to let us know what they considered their best deal currently and this is what they replied with. Looks like a good one for all you serious match fishers out there!

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
As much as I'd like to say to the wife, all I want for Christmas, dear, is an £1800 pole I dare say it won't go down too well. It's a great deal if you have the brass and are into the open match circuit, but that means for most of us it's a no-no.

However, Don't think I'm running down Angling Direct, It's only a few months back that I bought from them and just two week ago I suggested to my friend to buy what I consider to be their best offer at the moment -

The John Wilson Avon Quiver Rod at £49.99

a.jpg

At least it's more affordable and what a cracking rod, one I've been recommending for 15 years now!

Graham Marsden

Editor Emeritus
Reaction score
It's good to support our advertisers when we can as it they who are supporting us and keeping the site free for all of us.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
It's good to support our advertisers when we can as it they who are supporting us and keeping the site free for all of us.
Exactly Graham, but in the end it's sales they want, not just to see their name in lights. In view of that I just wanted to point people to a more affordable option that appeals to the greater mass of anglers.

I think they are a terrific company and have been of that opinion for some years now.

Alan Taylor 3

Reaction score
I've got the 11/13 model & it's a superb bit of kit for the money. I think mine cost £39.99 about 4 years ago.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
The 11/13 foot model is coming back next year for about the same RRP, just under to £100 mark I believe, but these current models are such a bargain. Don't miss them for Christmas.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Latest news is - this friend of mine who bought a JW Avon Quiver a couple of weeks ago has gone and bought his grandson one too from Angling Direct.

He hasn't even used his yet either! That's faith!