Can someone explain this -

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I don't know why, but I found myself looking at the rules of a commercial fishery and found this rule -

"No peanuts, jokers, bloodworms and no biodegradable baits allowed"

OK, I know peanuts and jokers and bloodworm, but surely everything we use, except plastic maggots and sweetcorn (et al), is biodegradable so that means EVERYTHING else is banned. Isn't it?

Where do these people get their weird ideas from?

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Well spotted Jeff, I bet they meant;

No NON-biodegradable baits allowed.

Muppets!

A strongly worded letter might be in order ;)

Cakey

Reaction score
Finch Farm has them rules also ,everyone was on boilies so I went on the usuals

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Finch Farm has them rules also ,everyone was on boilies so I went on the usuals

It was Finch Farm. What is it like Cakey? I was looking it up for another local lad and then I saw that rule.

There's two fisheries next to each other, isn't there? I heard one of them, not sure which one, is a bit of a dump hole.

Hmmmmmmmmm!
db_DSC006376.jpg

Ben Haigh

Reaction score
It was Finch Farm. What is it like Cakey? I was looking it up for another local lad and then I saw that rule.

There's two fisheries next to each other, isn't there? I heard one of them, not sure which one, is a bit of a dump hole.

Hmmmmmmmmm!
db_DSC006376.jpg

well that looks attractive, lol. a 30 would up my pb, but i don't think i'd want one out of there?

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
The rules at my local carp pyddle now span two A4 pages and if you break anyof them them you get a life ban no questions asked, Oh and the owner has the right to go through all of your tackle bags to check you have brought along the right bait in the right quatities in the right containers.
Welcome to Stalag 17 Carp lake

A

alan whittington

The rules at my local carp pyddle now span two A4 pages and if you break anyof them them you get a life ban no questions asked, Oh and the owner has the right to go through all of your tackle bags to check you have brought along the right bait in the right quatities in the right containers.
Welcome to Stalag 17 Carp lake

Why dont the money-grabbing ba****ds ban fishing on their lakes and watch their wallets deflate,im all for sensible rules,but there arent enough sensible ones to fill 2 A4 pages.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Oh and the owner has the right to go through all of your tackle bags to check you have brought along the right bait in the right quatities in the right containers.
Erm, no he doesn't have a "right".
He can ask if he can and he can refuse you entry if you don't agree, but he cannot insist on searching any of your bags or your clothing. It's against the law.

Bill Cox

Reaction score
vote with your feet then Ian, buggered if i'd go to anywhere as draconian as that.:(