Stainless steel flask BARGAIN

slime monster

Reaction score
After damaging my beloved alladin flask at work my wife got me a replacement 1ltr stainless steel click to pour flask for ...£3.99 at Wilkinsons,I took it out today and have to say it works well and is an absolute bargain.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
That wouldn't be similar to the one I bought at Asda yesterday with the click lock system, with Thermos wrote on it maybe?

RRP £9.99 :mad:

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
But they're hard to break Fred.

I keep smashing the normal ones, which is a gutter when there's a frost on the ground, your freezing cold and haven't even poured one coffee out of it :(

A

alan whittington

Ditto Fred,3 pieces of junk that are designed to cool hot drinks,give me an alladin glass interior flask anyday,its contents often burn me at the end of the day.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I'm not impressed with stainless steel ones, I have 3 and not one keeps the contents hot!!!
Bit unfair Fred. I took the £9.99 Thermos one to Ireland with me and it kept my drink hot all day. I have 5 now, a ½ ltr, a ¾ltr, the 1 ltr, and 2 chunky ones that take soup or stews OR (best of all) chilli!

I think part of the clue is to heat the flask up first with boiling water (although you probably do that) and then don't let it get exposed to the cold air, always keep it in your bag. The drink won't be scalding hot by the end of the day, but it will be warm and I can't stand coffee that's not warm at least.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Well I have yet to find any flask that keeps your tea or coffee hot all day. Over the years I have had many different kinds, and with everyone of them the drink is just about warm come lunch time.

I have found that by taking the milk along and adding it at the bank side the drink stays hotter that little longer. I have a couple of different flasks at he moment, but i am not impressed with any of them, and the food flasks are even worse.

Kelly kettle, or the stove for me if i am going all day, nothing worse than a cold tes or coffee.

A

alan whittington

Well Ray i use my alladin at least 5 year old 1ltr and have lemon tea(compliments to lidl)and you would have no skin on your lips most days,luckily i have a spare
(qd this time)and am suitably impressed.

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
Beware of the one click push button ones, I had one and the push button took off all by itself. Rendered the flask useless. Luckely, the flask was stood up at the time. Must admit, stainless flasks don't keep your brews as warm as the glass ones, but they do last longer though I had a cheep one that went wonkey when warm. I have 2 Asda ones and a Coleman.

slime monster

Reaction score
The Flask that damaged was stainless and the liquid was really hot all day , I was going to get another but will give the cheapo a fair chance and if it only lasts 6 months I wont have been cheated at that price.

Last edited: