Angling Trust Raffle Tickets

Shine

Reaction score
Got my AT newsletter this morning. Inside is raffle tickets.

1st prize £2,000 cash
2nd 1,500 of Daiwa tackle
3rd 750 of Daiwa tackle
4th 350 of Daiwa tackle

I'm not saying I wouldn't like 2 grand, but where does this 2,000 come from? If it is AT they should have just kept the money for fishy things and had a 1st prize of £1,500 of Daiwa tackle. Most people would be well happy with that.

Anyway, I'll be buying all my tickets :)

Xplorer1

Reaction score
I had the same thought - £2K is 400 books of tickets at £5, which isn't that many. Anyway, I bought all 5 and - being a saint - sent them a cheque for £20.

904_cannon

Reaction score
Durham City, Co Durham ... STILL The Land of The P
Probably from the same individual who promised the AT a £20k donation if the same amount could be raised in new membership fees, and every year for some time to come.
I was talking to another generous angler a couple of weeks ago who told me what he is leaving the AT when he departs this earth.
It does make those who begrudge giving £20/year look very much a Scrooge
Quite appropriate at this time of year

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
The summer raffle raised £20,000+,the winner of the £1500 worth of diawa vouchers donated his prize to the trust for use in a further raffle.

Waveney One

Reaction score
As I have got mine and assume they have sent the tickets out to all members this time rather than in the summer where they appeared to sell them 'On the Quiet' I am sure that that they will raise more money this time around.

Matthew Nightingale (ACA)

Reaction score
Trouble is that when I try and sell them its to anglers who are also trying to sell them to me! Just end up buying my own; anyone got a Daiwa catalogue?