12 out of 67,000

noknot

Reaction score
Thats the way of forums, don't look at the numbers, it's the content of the posts that counts. And a lot of members read but never post,for what ever reason.

Windy

Reaction score
dont understand why only 12 out of 67,000 have voted in Novembers photo comp

Dammit... I thought when I read the thread title that you were referring to your 12 rational posts out of 67,000....

Speaking personally I'd certainly have been interested in seeing the entries and voting if I'd had the slightest idea that there was such a competition on. I didn't, let alone that there are monthly ones.
And I'm a regular browser round these parts, albeit less of a poster of late*, so heaven knows how the occasional visitor is expected to get involved. Some more obvious publicity or link or summat needed I think.

* although now I've been made redundant I shall no doubt be more regular** again.

** No Corker, that's not a request for a further treatment.

Last edited:

Shine

Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is the pictures don't magically appear in front of them....
even if they did they would want someone to press the vote button for them.:wh
Or maybe they are just not interested pictures/photography.

Perhaps the themes need to change. Best upskirt shot would get the votes going I'd bet!! :)

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Best upskirt shot would get the votes going I'd bet!!
Might give that some thought!

I take it you mean the skirts on spinnerbaits. EG:
42Shologramshad.JPG

Oh, glad to see you're still around Windy! Keeping well, I hope.

Nathan

Reaction score
Surely not everyone who logs onto a 'fishing website' in neccesarily interested in photography or voting in a photography competition.
Personally I dont always remember to go on to the competitions, i'll have a look when i first see the link but it soon slips my mind. If there was a link to the competition/latest entry on the homepage that might entice/remind more people to have a look.

Cakey

Reaction score
maybe the pictures are just s h i t as 200 odd have looked at a couple of the pictures and gone !

Windy

Reaction score
If there was a link to the competition/latest entry on the homepage that might entice/remind more people to have a look.

/\/\/\ What he said... not lack of interest on my part, I'd certainly have an idle click 'n browse at the pretty pics if there were a fairly obvious link (particularly in 'New Posts') for me to have a poke at.

Nathan

Reaction score
Cakey, whats got your goat today?!

Seriously though - if there was a link to the competition on the homepage that might help to bring it to people's attention & make you happy again ;)

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I've never looked at the pics, I don't know where they are? Or how to vote? I used to rate the pics on the old FM cos it was easy....

So where are they?

Cakey

Reaction score
Nathan
nothing really ,its just that they go out take pictures for the compo then they have to shrink the picture and and edit it
all for 12 people total to vote out of 67,000 just find it a bit weird when the average of 180 have looked at them but not bothered to vote
rant over .............................................................maybe

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
The reason I don't look is cos I don't wanna see Townsend shoving a 2 or 3lb roach in me face! ;)

I just had a look and I can't make me mind up which one is best?

Shine

Reaction score
What about having the competition at the top in general fishing?
Seems more people surf that and the bait box than anything else. Look how many views the caption competition got when Graham done that...... 1,359 and 66 posts :rolleyes:... Might work though.