Waggler Rod. Help.

carpcatcher

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm looking at buying a waggler rod. I've got upto £50 to spend and I'm after a rod that will handle lines upto 5lb. I'm not going Carping with it, but I may come across the occasional lump. Its many for roach and skimmers.

I've been match fishing a while now, but have realised that I could do with a waggler rod to reach a little further when the fish back off the pole lines.

Any advice would be great.

Bluenose

Reaction score
I'd have a good look at the shaky mach II, you can pick them up for around £50.

Windy

Reaction score
Fox Barbel Float if you can find one... works just fine with smaller silverfish without bumping off, but has the backbone and reserves for the occasional unexpected lump.
Said it before, saying it again, if I only had to have one rod for the rest of my coarse fishing life the FBF would be it.

[Edit] Forgot the £50 price limit... was £99 new, should be a good chance of getting one on fleabay within budget.

Last edited:

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Eddy is right the Shaky Mach II (or the Mach III) rod is a cracker, I have two of the Mach III's one an 11ft feeder that I use for method feeding and a 15ft Mach III for waggler fishing, brilliant rods. Shaky rods are the best value for money rods on the market and though you might pay three or four times their price for other makers they won't be much better for sure. Ebay is where I bought mine so I would suggest you have a gander through there but there are quite a few tackle shops selling Shaky rods these days 'cos the match guys love 'em.

If you look down this list you will see a Mach I waggler for £34 and that is the original (but just as good) and I don't think you will get a better deal anywhere.

Last edited:

preston96

Reaction score
Again the Mach's for me....superb bits of kit for the money.

makaha

Reaction score
yep, just bought a mach III match lite for 54 quid, from dolphin discounts in stoke mate.