Best of Luck Shine On

Cakey

Reaction score
our old mate Shine On You Crazy Diamond goes into Hospital Tuesday for some major foot ops so Id like to wish him the best of luck and hope he gets back on the bank soon

Rickrod

Reaction score
Best of luck shine hope it dose'nt keep you from your fishing too long mate.At least you'll have an excuse for putting your feet up over christmas

captain carrott

Reaction score
good luck mr shine.

with a bit of luck you'll geta nice nurse to wheel you round in a chair

Shine

Reaction score
Thank alot guys. Very nice of you all.

You wont all be saying such nice things over the next 3 months. You'll be sick at the sight of me :)

I'll be in plaster for 8 weeks then a special boot you see the footballers use for another 4-6 weeks.

Without going into the whole story, in my left foot I have a metal plate and 16 screws. The work is being done on the same foot (this is part 2 of the long term plan) with more plates, screws, shortening the outer 2 metatarsals and fusing some bones.......... Then one day it all starts on the right foot.

I have lost a few stones through $hitting myself. This not what I want and I know how painful it's going to be over the 3-4 months but it's something that has to be done.

I think they are trying to turn me into The Terminator.

Thanks again for all your kind words :)

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Shine,

My mate had both his feet done, no details, not nice. It took him years to pluck up the courage to go for it. You wont regret it mate.

Just one bit of advice, do not go back to work early, let the bones totally recover and heal up.

Good luck it will be worth it.

Beaker

Reaction score
Even though I have not met you I can sympathise the trouble you are having with your plates.
I wish you a speedy recovery and hope it is not too long before you are back on the bank.