tidal thames club

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
in brief; I am starting a tidal thames club, the idea being to join A.T. and Fish Legal and then prosecute Thames Water for Mogden Lane serial pollution.
Keith Arthur on his radio show Fishermans Blues offered to be president, anyway interest has been fantabulous, so if you want to know more, get in touch, squeak soon folks

oh yeah, no nuffin about organizing or running a club, so all help is appreciated immensely
thanks for taking the time to read this thread and seasonal felicitations to you all

Last edited:

Bridge

Reaction score
how do i join!

mushroom this is such a good idea and probably the only way thames water will think twice before dumping turds i,m sure keith will let them know there card is MARKED

Nobby C (ACA)

Reaction score
Yowza Mushy, are you trying to get an AT backed group/club together?
I'm already a member of the AT and am interested in how this can move on from here, if you're going to be 'official' for want of a better word then you'll need a secretary as well as the chairman.
An interesting idea and one I'd like to see work, are you talking about something alongs the lines of a petition to start with?

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
Apparently the fish belong to everyone, so if we are deprived of our sport by pollution, we can seek recompence , but only as a group, hence club forming,
with regards to setting up and running a club, I have no experience, I would be more than happy for someone to step forward and take over, who has experience, or I will muddle through on my own, with your gracious help of course'
my sole aim is to get Thames Water up before the beak, and end this ****ensian practise of putting turds in the thames,
so far, in only two days of mooting this idea over twenty people have stepped up to the plate, which means that at the moment for a mere fiver each they're in and we will be members of A.T. and Fish Legal,
will give it to friday for people to show an interest, then get the paperwork moving'
all help and words of wisdom are greatly appreciated

Leon Roskilly

Reaction score
It might be worth contacting the Angling Trust to see if they have an advice sheet for setting up an angling club, covering all the essentials (like a club constitution, arranging AGMs etc)

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Just a thought - and maybe it's not possible, but... The word FREE is a fantastic bait where anglers are concerned.
As the Tidal is a free fishery, I think the club membership should also be free - but with donations gratefully accepted to cover costs. I'll pledge a tenner, so will plenty of others, which will soon cover AT membership fees. This policy will ensure that those without money (and times are very hard out there) won't be put off joining due to economic reasons. It will also mean you could potentially have every angler in the greater London area (or even wider) joining - there's suddenly absolutely no reason for them not to join! The membership figures then become a very loud voice. Contact all tackle shops in the London area to get their support - they alone should pledge enough wedge to get the ball rolling. By making this a purely on-line concern, costs and overheads can be kept to an absolute minimum.

Woody might have some comments about getting this started? He's the club admin expert.

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
woody, where are you I need your help
excellent ideas geoff, with your pledge we're about a tenth of the way there
anyone want to get involved in getting Geoffs ideas moving,
pledges to join have topped thirty, and that's with a dipstick like me leading the way

Nobby C (ACA)

Reaction score
I'm in for a tenner, I've also sent a mail to the AT asking for any assistence they might be able to offer.
Now, lead on Macduff as they say.

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
nice one nobby, youre a gent, as is waveney one, unfortunately he dont receive p.m.'s, [ I don't know, royalty eh ] but thankyou senor,
I have never been so popular, so if my responses are short I apologise, but my smile is wide

Morespiders

Reaction score
Im in for a tenner too, sounds like a good idea.

You could have me as treasurer, im very experienced at it:D

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
nice one m8, if I can dust the cobwebs of my money box, it's yours, on second thoughts, they might belong to you any way
will be in touch once things get moving

Greg Whitehead

Reaction score
amushroom, I'm interested in this for Angling Times. Can you bell me for a chat if you get the chance please? Cheers, Greg (01733 395103).

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
geoff, just finished reading what you recommended, very, very interesting, thanks m8,
crikey, the Angling Times is interested, maybe promotion is in Gregs hands, or am I still Wurzel Gummidge trying to remember which head to put on,
here's hoping the corn dont rub