TIDAL THAMES CLUB part two

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
Well chaps, we've moved on, and I'm far greater versed in whats involved, club constitution etc, etc.

The proposal is for a free to join club which will be unincorporated and cater for members who fish, or have an interest in fishing the lower and tidal thames.
It is proposed that it will be an internet based club utilising an already established site, to carry out it's business.
Initial costs will be met by donations, this is primarily to cover the costs of joining the Angling Trust and Fish Legal.
At the inaugural meeting, the constitution will be agreed upon and club officials chosen, responsibilities delegated and agreement sought for joining Angling Trust and Fish Legal.
The aim being to proceed with litigation against Thames Water for loss of amenity, via Fish Legal with utmost speed. Thus satisfying those that join solely because of loss of amenity, not because they need another club.
Keith Arthur will be proposed as honourary president.
All other business will only be discussed if the elected committee deem it practical at this inaugural meeting. However facilities will be in place to record what other concerns/ proposals members may have and a schedule agreed to respond to these concerns/proposals.

please bear with me in posting the proposed constitution

would all interested parties post their pledges of finance or roles they would like to fill on this thread, so that everything is transparent. None of these pledges will be legally binding unless the pledgers agree with the constitution.

I hope this inexperienced keyboard warrior has made few mistakes, if I have I apologise and thank you all for reading and responding to this and the previous thread.
many, many thanks chaps

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
I'm glad this isn't eBay. I can't compete with that but you'll have my tenner.

I think the club will need a web-form for members to fill in which will automatically create a database of members for bulk-emailing etc. I also think the club will need it's own web-site/page for taking these details, unless you can get Richard to agree to FM being actively involved in it. (Which he might not want to do, he already does a hell of a lot for nothing)
So, as well as the club sec etc, the club will probably need a techie to press the buttons to get the thing started. An IT volunteer is needed methinks.

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
crikey mikey, we're away, many many thanks pledgers, youre all superstars,
I've developed a lump in my throat, a tear in my eye and a warm glow inside,

sagalout

Reaction score
Ten of your good english pounds

Name : using the earlier suggestion of The Tidal Thames Fishing Club to create 3TFC or T3FC

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
you're a gent and thats pretty smart sagalout
we just love it all and love you all

feasonal selicitations chaps

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
finance has been pledged to make this happen
chaps this will only fail if I screw up or the pledges stop
a pledge to join is enough, no money required
Radio and T,V. angling superstar Keith Arthur confirmed on air again his committment
both angling weeklies want to help to promote[ more posts and pledges mean more promotion]
three other people are producing the paperwork
a club notice board is available within an existing site
Angling trust are aware

ALL THIS JUST TO STOP TURDS BEING DUMPED IN A RIVER
IT DONT MATTER WHAT RIVER, IT AINT RIGHT AND THAT SHOULD BE ENOUGH

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
come on folks, It may be tricky out there, but it aint on here, the ice is melting, the inexperienced slipping, and we need to keep the turds away
so keep those posts coming, positive, negative, makes no odds, they just build a battery of opinions

feasonal selicitations

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Anuvver tenner.
Haven't been down to the Tidal for ages because of the parking, but from next year the Oyster card should be accepted on overground trains... I'll be back.

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
it seems we are to be called Thames Anglers Conservancy,
name registration is taking place
committee members are still sought
pledges are looking fantabulous
but where are the posts, come on chaps everyone helps
remember its free to spread the word and will be to join

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
Miles from me,

But clearly a very good cause, which I'm happy to support when its up and running.

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
For a free club, it looks like there are more paying members than not, which is a bit weird when you you think about it :)

I don't think the club will actually need an AGM, regular meetings or even a meeting place. All points can be discussed online. Mind you, we could use it as an excuse to get out and have a drink one evening. London Apprentice? Or somewhere more parking friendly?

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
mark hewitt, great to have your support
geoff, as normal words from the wise, without your encouragement in the beginning I wouldnt be here now

many thanks chaps and please spread the word

904_cannon

Reaction score
Durham City, Co Durham ... STILL The Land of The P
amushroom, As I said in my PM I could set up for your club/group a web site with its own forum on a free host (similar to the two links given below) and with PayPal option for taking membership fees/donations. (although I'm not sure about the costs of on-line payments)
This is not a purely selfless offer :) as the CSG has a few members who fish the T Thames. I wish you well for the future, may be its the way for all rivers with free fishing to go AND if it boosts the membership levels of the AT so much the better.

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
sorry alan tyler, I think I missed your pledge, posted earlier,
welcome onboard captain, many thanks for joining the choir,
please spread the word and post any thoughts you may have

it just keeps getting better and better
many thanks to you all

---------- Post added at 12:40 ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 ----------

comments on johns proposal/offer, please chaps, transparency and all that

thanks for your time folks

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
crikey john, you've got them running scared, doesn't anyone have an opinion/comment on how we should communicate, etc, etc,
pm me, if you dont want to go public, but surely transparency is best

following this second thread over thirty people have re-confirmed to join and finance is looking good as well,[ all this since sunday],
some bright sparks in the angling world, are loitering in the background, waiting to see how things progress, lets not disappoint them

SEND IZAAK A PRESENT, PLEDGE TO JOIN, YOU KNOW HE WOULD CONCUR

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
Sagalout, I love youre name, avitar and your contributions in equal amounts many thanks sir

thats one for john then chaps

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
well folks was advised bank account was difficult, and constitution too,
bank dont seem to be a problem as long as we have chairman, secretary and treasurer, any offers
constitution is with three people at the moment, so that shouldnt take long

I think were feeding the swim nicely chaps

I aint in it to have any role within the club, but if needs must ,needs must,

spread the word please folks