quivers

C

Chris Bishop

My old quiver's had it. Can anyone suggest a good cheap one..?

It's got to carry two to four made-up rods and bank sticks, net etc.

I don't like the ones with those rod jacket things, I just want something sturdy and simple, with secure strap for rods.

B

Barry Kneller

I've got a Fishrite quiver that I bought last winter. Very good quality but as you say, the sleeves are a pain in the bum - you're better off with a holdall. I've used it a couple of times without the sleeves & i's fine. You can still use the outer pouches for made up rods but they are a bit vulnerable like that. OK if you're just moving swims tho'.

R

Ross Turner

I use a shakespeare quiver it has enough room for brollie,rod rests,speciman landing net & i manage to carry three rods plus the landing net handle.
I think it now retails at around ?17 & imho worth the money.Go on have a look.

R

Ron Clay

Double T do a very nice light quiver. It's excellent for two rods but I think you will struggle with 3.

M

Martin Wright

I use a freebie Maver Larford quiver from when I subscibed to CF - I don't know if they still do it.

In any event it's a good quiver and comfortably holds 3 rods

W

Willie Russell

Have a look at the Wychwood quiver; for ?19 it looks like a good bit of kit.

E

Eric Hayes

Like Martin I have been using the Maver Larford for a couple of seasons now and at ?14.99 it does the job. The only Criticism I have is it could do with a bit more reenforcement on the bottom.