BBPC high oil trout pellets.

A

Andy Bird

has or does anyone use this type of pellet in their fishing ,i've found a source that sells them for around ?18 for 20kg its seems cheap enough,but i'm a bit concerned about the high oil content and the effect it may have on the fish.

B

Birds Nest

I've never used them, but read a review in AM saying they were top Carp, chub, barbel bait...

If your worried about the oil content why not use them as hook baits over a lower oil feed.... Might make that 20kg last a while mind you.....

D

David Will

I use them in various sizes.Fish like them and at that price I would appreciate your source.

D

Dave Dowson

I have just paid ?30 for 20 kg please give me a clue as too your supplier. Pretty please :)

A

Andy Bird

sorry to disapoint you all, but my source is a small backstreet pet shop ,it doesn't
do mailorder as it doesn't have a phone number .

A

Andy Bird

does the high oil content have any detrimental effect on the fish.

D

David Will

Andy so little of these is needed to get fish feeding it is highly unlikely you will harm the fish.
Check they are the genuine article and fresh by looking to see if they have a best before date on the bag , genuine BBPC ones do.

A

Andy Bird

they are genuine BBPC pellets ,best before date printed on the label.

R

Roto Fryer

there is no scientific evidence to suggest that high oil content trouties cause harm to carp

C

Cakey

If your worried mix some high oil ones with some low oil ones for about a week shaking every day ,you will then have medium oil pellets.

D

Danny Brown

Ok Peeps
High oil pellets (BBPC)as thay are the number 1 supplier of all pellets ?21 per 20KG + delivery have a look on WWW.percychapman.co.uk GOT SOME BLINDING GEAR THERE.
KIR
DANNY