curly_wurly.jpg

---------- Post added at 23:17 ---------- Previous post was at 23:16 ----------

there you are..................

Rickrod

Reaction score
There will all be on it this spring

preston96

Reaction score
I think i read of something similar a while back........using a pencil to wrap your hooklink around and pulling it away to pigtail hooklinks with a method feeder..........short, close to the feeder hoolink that allows some movement to the fish? :j no really! :D

S

Scott Whatmore

My hooklinks can go a bit like that after a few fish, but not on purpose !

Is it just me or are curly wurley's smaller than when we were kids? They were the size of ladders back in the day !

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Reaction score
He's just copied an old idea ............

It's called the 'Stren Coil' which is made with 6lb bs Stren 'Gold' fishing line wrapped around a nail or similar and hot water poured over it and then dipped in cold water and it leaves the line like a coiled spring

I first heard of it in the States a few years ago where they use it tied into a fly leader on some of the trout streams as an indicator -- it gives the fish some slack line without the fish feeling any resistance

In fact it's in the fly fishing section on here, Ron and I talked about it ....

Last edited:
S

Scott Whatmore

He's just copied an old idea ............

It's called the 'Stren Coil' which is made with 6lb bs Stren 'Gold' fishing line wrapped around a nail or similar and hot water poured over it and then dipped in cold water and it leaves the line like a coiled spring

I first heard of it in the States a few years ago where they use it tied into a fly leader on some of the trout streams as an indicator -- it gives the fish some slack line without the fish feeling any resistance

In fact it's in the fly fishing section on here, Ron and I talked about it ....

yes, yes, yes but what about the curly wurly's ?

Shine

Reaction score
Well after all this curly wurly talk I went and bought one today. Lucky for me I've got all my gnashers. Very nice it wa too.

Can someone start a thread about whole nut :D :D :D