Anti tangle sleeves

TenFish

Reaction score
During the snow ive been mucking about with rigs for my spring tenching. I bought some anti tangle sleeeves from korda to act as mini booms for hooklengths.
Problem is they are extremely boyant and so in underwater tests actually create tangles as they stand up vertically as one end is sunk by a swivel. Mono hooklengths especially look good out of water but underwater fail to keep away fromfeeders or leads.
Why do they make them boyant?
Am I missing something?

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
Anti-tangle sleeve normally sits between the lead and the rod tip, so I suspect that a bit of buouyancy doesn't matter too much.

I use longish tail rubbers and a John Roberts ledger bead for my hook length booms. I've found that the boom needs to be a bit over an inch in length to work properly.

TenFish

Reaction score
I got the idea from this months Coarse Fisherman magazine (page 70) In the diagrams here a helicopter rig looksfine all laid out flat. With my mini anti tangle sleeves this does not happen.

Rickrod

Reaction score
Crispin try this, submerge your rig before casting and squeeze the sleeve so it expels the air and sucks water into its self.