Fox Evolution Bivvy

J

Jon Read

iam thinking of buying a fox evolution bivy.but there are so many different types.any one have one or know if they are any good?

D

David Will

Jon I have the brolly(alloy poles) with overwrap.I think this is excellent and versatile.It is as close to condensation when the two are used together as I think you can get using nylon.In summer just use the brolly , later in the year or in rain use the two. It goes up quickly , goes down in a flash with a bit of practice and nothing has broken bent or leaked in two solid seasons.It is light and flexable enough to get into tight or uneven swims.It has stood up to some of the worst hoolies the Fens can come up with.
On the down side is the price , the fact it has no where to hang anything inside and the pegs it comes with are (were) crap but that is par for the course.
It is the best I have used and that is saying something considering my last was a original Nashy Profile (repeat original as the current crop are useless).

S

Sir Steven Blanksalot

I have got the Evolution Compact Brolly and they are very much like the Bivvy in terms of construction and size, they are very strong, extremely easy to put up and very reliable! I think anything from the Evolution range of shelters is well worth the money!

S

Sir Steven Blanksalot

They only down side to anything from Fox is trying to get hold of stuff. My brolly took 12 weeks to arrive!

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
John, by far the best on the market mate. I looked at the Armadillo before buying my evolution bivvy and this WON hands down. In my opinion, you cant beat fox luggage and weather proof systems. I also have the fox brolly system for one night or short session as my bivvy is a wopping two man'er for long sessions. The ease in putting up and taking down is a real break through even after a nights rain!

R

Richard Bytheway

caught any more cats jon ? you need a new bivvy cos i expect you fell in it after drinking chili sidekicks. come to think of it i expect thats how you broke your rod.
tight lines

W

wayne mitchell

stuart the armadillo is far better and easy to put down the arms go up and down better than all other bivies an better made in all areas with no condensation and lots of room

J

Jon Read

Hi rich
you cheeky b*****d!!
thanx for the pics
have you been to shattersford since?
i been twice and have and cought 1 more cat of 27LB and 2 carp to 18lb.

i broke the rod playing a fish HONEST

JON