Fish Meals

E

EC

I read an article in this months CF, by Ken Townley he was saying something about fish meals catching from 'the off'. He went on to say that he would put Big Fish mix up against anything else with the right attractor combi, my question is related to a thread I posted earlier this year asking what the best value base mix was, and I am wondering as a very much, part time carp angler who would never do a prolonged baiting campaign, if I should act on KTs word buy a load of big fish mix whack it in the freezer and pull it out whenever I go? Or is there a better/cheaper alternative?
Cheers
EC

C

Carp Angler

I have virtually the whole world of bait at my disposal.
Be it, fresh, frozen, ready mades, base mixes etc etc etc.

I use Activ-8's for almost all of my fishing.
I've tried and dabbled in almost every bait available and keep coming back to A-8.

I wouldn't trust KT or N/baits.

E

EC

Can I just use it as it comes or do I have to buy another 30 quids worth of flavours, enhancers etc etc etc to go with it.
Is it a fish meal? Who sells it cheapest?

C

Carp Angler

Base mix is the usual ?10 a kilo, just add eggs and the Activator.
Which is the liquid additive which makes the base mix work.
(It also good to add to pellets etc etc)
The Activator is about ?8 or ?9 for 250ml (I think)
Mainline A-8

C

Carp Angler

I should add that their online shopping partner is Baits Direct.
See the frame on the left or click
here

E

EC

Under ?60 for a 10K bucket seems reasonable value!
Whom would be my best value source of fishmeal as a base for a groundbait mix?

C

Carp Angler

Type 'Provimi 66' into any search engine and look for your nearest dealer.

E

EC

Do Straights Direct mean anything to you CA? This is the only one that came up with the goods on msn search.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Rik,
would you use this as a paste also, I don't mean to cover boilies but just for a hookbait or free samples?

C

Cakey

Rik
As I dont get a lot of time to myself these days would you trust rolling companys ??

CAKEY

C

Carp Angler

Rodney,
mix the Provimi with some breadcrumb and you have a very usable fishmeal paste.
To this you can add any flavour or colour and it's almost as good as a boilie base mix.

Cakey,
It depends on the company, but in case you are worried, then you can take all your dry ingredients to a bait making company who will roll your baits for about ?2.50 a kilo.

C

Carp Angler

If you were feeling a little bit adventurous, you could add EMP which is an egg based soft biscuit meal and which is an outstanding base additive instead of plain breadcrumb.

M

Mark Tucknott

Try Patshull park base mix from quality baits (its very similar to nutrabaits BFM) only ?3 a kilo, catches from the off (I can let you have a pukker recipe if you dont mind buying the extras)Otherwise Quality baits can supply you some frozen readymades (saw an angler cane Horseshoe on them a couple of years ago)there either ?5 or ?5.50 a kilo have a look on Quality Baits web site and give Simon a ring.

C

Carp Angler

Eddie,
if you keep it in a sealed bucket, then it should last to it's use by date.