damaged tackle

R

Rupert Stephenson

i've just had an interesting conversation with a group of non anglers

they have no problem with fishing , but with the tackle we use and how we use it??.

they all said its because we cant see you in the bushes or down the bank, so we don't expect you to be there.

we all agree the countryside is for everyone ,including bike riding and dog walking , and heres the problem,
the bike riders accidentally ride over and break our poles and the dog walkers dogs pick up our pole sections as they see them as a stick.

well they don't want to cause us a problem , so they suggested we place a simple flag or sign at the back of our peg on the bank " fisherman here" or similar, so they can pull up or stop their dog.

well what do you all think , surely prevention is better than conflict, is this a good idea or can you suggest an alternative, or should we just carry on in the same old way.

A

Andrew Webber

As stupid as it sounds, I think its a good idea. I can't really think of an effective alternative.

R

Ross Turner

I to think its a good idea,I only wish someone comes up with an idea for boat traffic.I fish the great ouse at St Neots in Cambs & last season the amount of times i lost tackle due to boat traffic was alot.

R

Rodney Wrestt

The next step would be to use a couple of flags or a line of small ones and use a couple of banksticks to 'rope' off your section, this would give the visual indicator to passers by and most people walk around a barrier without complaint, especially if the flags were printed with a polite request.