Carp Society, regional meetings.

Anthony Nash

Reaction score
This is just to ask as a Regional organiser for the Carp Society i was interested to see what peoples opinions were of regional meetings and to see how many of you are regulars in your regions.Constructive criticism and any pointers as to who you would like to see etc would be apprecciated

C

Carp Angler

mmmmmmmmmmm, the Carp Society.

Possibly in the 80's it had some worth, I'm just not sure if it can provide the individual angler with anything worthwhile in the present day.
Pay for a mag that you can buy in the shops, in an already saturated market.
Pay to attend meetings that you can pay to attend as a non member.

AT least you are open to criticism unlike the people in charge, who seem blind to any problems.

Anthony Nash

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Just a couple of things. Firstly the mag is no longer a mag as such and is more a slimmed down version which provides the members only with info on what is happening in the regions and updates on forthcoming events etc. The entrance fee is cheaper for non-members, albeit a couple of quid. This is what i,m after some input into what people think about their local meetings. I was hoping that some more people might have replied to the thread but it is just as i feared and complete apathy when it comes to the carp society. To be honest i wasn,t expecting anything less as the society has been working hard to clear its debts and as such advertising and promoting itself seem to have taken a back seat. The junior events seem to be doing okay as does sandown but i,d like to pull more people to my meetings.
Iget a hardcore of people now after three years, somewhere around the 70 to 80 mark but i,d like to break the hundred mark. I,ve got some really good speakers lined up for this coming winter with hopefully something a bit special for my finale, but its difficult for us to get speakers to do anything different from the usual slideshow. Those speakers that can do something different are less well known and as such you tend to have much lower turnout on the night. There are aspects of the society that are weak and annoying at the moment but rome wasn,t built in a day and selective hearing among those in charge is also difficult do fix. Ireally liked your fishmeal input the other day and am in a similar fix to the gentleman who posted the original thread. I used to use premier baits gear but particles are doing great things for my fishing at the moment.I would like to be able to use a good fishmeal/allyearbait but getting the bulk ingredients sounds allmost as expensive as buying ten kilos of mix. What are your thoughts on premiers biopeche as they are offering a really good deal at the moment?

C

Carp Angler

Post you bait question either on the back of the fishmeal thread or start a new one, you may get some varied advice from others then.
Hiding it on the CS thread where people aren't going to look won't give it the audience it deserves.