Shattersford Lakes CATFISH RECORD BROKEN

J

Jon Read

hi

i have just got back from my best ever fishing session at shattersford lakes.
first cat of session 31 Lb then i got better.
Then the big one 41 LB 8 oz a new personal best and the biggest fish in the lake.

Did anyone know that it is now under new management. Lets hope they put a few more carp in the lakes!!!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Well done Jon, any chance of a report and pics for FM's news pages?

G

Gary Knowles

Well done Jon.

Just out of interest, did you use the rigs I desciibed to you ?

J

Jon Read

on the one rod that had the 30 i used the rig u described it works!!!!
the big cat was on half a tin of luncheon meat soaked in fish oil.
Have u ever fished there?

i have been doing well there recently. 2 months i had a cat of 32lb and lost 2 others.

S

Seamus Bourke

Congratulations Jon,
I held the record there 5 years ago with the biggun at 26lb if this is the same fish, then what a fantastic weight gain ! They drained the trout pool a few months earlier and found the biggun in there at 26lb 12oz. When i caught the fish it had lost 12 oz which is normal when fish are transferred to another pool. Anyway once again many, many congratulations.

S

steve flook

nice fish Jon even if you have ruined my summer hols (joking) Im going to fish Shatterford for the first time midway through August so if you could spare me any info it would be greatly appreciated . Ihear these catfish fight harder than barbel and if thats true I definately want some of that

J

Jon Read

Hi mate hope u have strong rods.
Even with my 3lb test curve rods they bend fully u would think they were match rods.
Let me know when u are going down.
P.s go for 48 hours
Boilies are a complete waste of time
Fish 22mm Hallibut pellets
Fish Erics pool and not to far out. All mine have been caught from just underneath the rod tips.

S

steve flook

cheers Jon, will let you know when everything is finalised. looks like a job for me old North Westerns then, if I can find them under the cobwebs its been so long. Ive had the barbel bug for the last few years but at this time of the year I always think that its about time I caught a catfish and this year I intend to.once again thanks and congrats.ps Ive had Barbel to 11lb 10oz on 22mm Halibut pellets fished with a middy inline method feeder

R

Richard Bytheway

jon your a jammy git . hope you took a camera this time !!!!!!!!