Need a Skipper

R

Richard Baker

Does anyone know of a good boat fishing trip out of a south eastern English port for a 6 rugby lads with limited Angling experience. Wanting to book a trip in late august or september. Most of us have done coarse fishing and some have done some deep sea fishing in Australia. We just want a boat with a half decent skipper that provides all the tackle in a port with a few decent pubs at night. Fishing for decent sized fish such as tope, conger and large wreck species would be ideal.

Cheers Rich

S

Seamus Bourke

Rich,
Get yourself a sea angling magazine from the newsagents, they're always advertising in there mate. The Thames estuary used to be the ideal place for good Tope sport. I've only been there once and had a 38lb er on my first cast. This was the smallest fish of the trip !

G

Gerry Castles

OK Richard I'm going to help you out here. In 20 years the best wrecking skipper I ever came across was Stu Arnold who currently keeps his boat Catchup 111 at Brighton marina although he has moved it around between there and Eastbourne. Stu knows all there is to know about fishing wrecks particularly for bass and his Lochin 40 is a new state of the art boat.
So far as pubs and a bit of post fishing relaxation is concerned, Brighton is hardly bottom of the league. I did a bit of checking and his number is 01323891625, the boat number is 07970698566. if he can't fit you in then ask him if he can recommend any of the other Brighton skippers, but be aware that wrecking at this level can cost as much as ?400 per day. Worth every penny if you get it right.

R

Richard Baker

Thanks Gerry,

Thats what I'm looking for. wil try and give him a call soon. Is that ?400 a day each!

Cheers
Rich

D

Dave Godwin

Hi Richard try giving me a ring on 01702-308043 i run the "Predator" in the Thames estuary if that is of any use to you and it wont cost you ?400 a day
Dave