TITAN BIVVY

M

Michael Paddon

I've just bought a titan bivvy pre-98 second hand and was wondering whether there was anything I should look out for with them. Also, will I need to buy special storm poles or will any ones fit. (I know I have to get special storm sticks to attach poles to)

A

Andrew Webber

I've got one of the original titans and mines still going strong. Best bivvy on the market in my opinion.

Any storm pole will do once you have the storm sticks (i think thats what the adaptors are called).

The extreme canopy is handy in the winter.

S

stephen cotton

I'm on my 2nd second hand titan. Both have required work. I have replaced the pole knuckle joints on the first one and put in new pole elastic. In addition where the poles go into the central boss I have replaced the black pole end fittings with drilled/flattened metal tube and bolts. I now use this for winter fishing as one of the zips has gone. The 2nd is good with only one pole end requiring work up to now. However some of the sealing tape has come free as I think the previous owner used too much brick waterproofer. Also the slippery eel fabric suffers from condensation. They are however extremly stable in wind, easy to put up, and move, and being on the tight side I'll probably keep mine for years.

A

andrew jackson

We are talking pre98 titans here. A total different animal to the far eastern imports that followed. Mine is a mk1 it still has its origonal tape seams and it does not leak. Yes it does get a little condensation inside if you use it as a single skin shelter in winter. But this is no worse than any other single skin shelter, we are talking a couple of drips here and there.
My bivvy is fast approaching 9 years old yet it is still as strong and as waterproof as the day it was purchased.

C

Cakey

Ok Im not talking leaking
3 bivvys go fishing 2xfox's 1xtitan, bit misty one morning the titan was soaking and dripping on me sleeping bag ,the 2 fox's dry as a bone ,Cakey gets home goodbye titan hello new fox 5 rib thingy now Im dry as bone as well !!!!

S

Steve Bundock

Have a 2001 model of the Titan Viper and use it all the time with a winter skin, no matter what the conditions are. Do still get a tiny amount of condensation, but not enough to drip.
Had an original one that did drip so much I thought it was leaking in the rain!!