MIXED BAG

M

Michael Paddon

Hi, living in Devon we are not exactly blessed when it comes to quality carp fishing as opposed to most of the rest of the country.
My dad, myself and my brother are looking to fish a weekend somewhere within about a 100 mile vicinty of Exeter, Devon.
My brother and I are looking to carp fish mainly, hopefully for a fair head of carp 20lb+ and not somewhere too daunting or full of kids (a tall order I know!) while my dad is more into general coarse fishing. Any ideas!

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Try Pallington Lakes in Dorset, loverly venue, nice people too. My Uncle had his PB 31 lb mirror from there the jamey old git!. Do a search on the net for it Michael.

C

Cakey

have you tried the Tamars (upper and lower) Ive had some good fish out of them.
Cant remember what the place is called but they are in north devon.

CAKEY

C

Chris Bishop

Devon's better than a lot of people give it credit for.

Exeter Canal has done carp to mid-30s, also a good head of bream and tench and some mental pike fishing.

Can't remember its name but the lakes between Starcross and Teignmouth by the campsite - Cockford, Cockwood or something like that - have plenty of smaller cartp and tench.

There's also the clay/gravel pits around Newton Abbot.

Try Exeter Angling Centre - they'll point you in the right direction.

C

Carp Angler

eeerrrrr,
the Exeter canal has done carp bigger than mid 30's

D

Dave Rothery

Stafford Moor near Dolton. Beatties definately has carp to 28+ (i've caught them!) and theres a couple of "pleasure lakes" for your dad.
Creedy near Crediton has definate 20's, as does Salmonhutch (crediton)
Upper Tamar(near Bude) has big 20's. Who knows whats in lower?
Jennets near bideford has some 20's.
Try Here for a list of pretty much all the day ticket waters in Devon - a bit of research might be needed though"
Have a chat with the Locals before believing that theres 20's in a lot of the day ticket places, but i guess thats the same wherever you go.

tom stone

Reaction score
there used to be a place near clovely on the golf corse that did used to have a few carp in
mind you that was a few years ago now