whoops I've messed up!

waltband

Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry I havent been around recently, but a new job has taken up all my time. Anyhoo, the thing is, I recently bought a Carp Kinetics reel from Dragon Carp and I'm having extreeme difficulty in getting the thing to load line correctly. Whatever I do, the line always lays with a high profile in the middle of the spool, and I cant get it to load fully to the front.
Any ideas where I'm going wrong? :eek:

Last edited:

waltband

Reaction score
Cheers mate... ever helpful. Oh by the way, the chub spot you sent me to..... stunning. Thanks mate.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I don't think Cakey was joking, cheapo reels are rarely a good buy, you would have been wiser to have bought a good secondhand reel if money was a problem. Dragon are cheap but far from cheerful, at least from the serious anglers view, put it down to experience and fork out for a proper reel, one that does the job and will last.

Cakey

Reaction score
the only other thing that might work is to have the line put on at a shop where there can control the line lay and then dont cast out to far .............

digger

Reaction score
Well all i can say is thanks i keep warning my friends off Dragon/used tackle co and i guess this only backs it up cheap khack gear .If it sounds to good and to cheap, buyer bewere.
.I wonder if the ground bait offer is as bad 4x2.5 ltr bins f a ten a hate to think.

Last edited:

waltband

Reaction score
Yea guys, I realise now, (too late), Dragon is about as much use as tying a line to a bamboo stick and trying to cast at the sun. Wont go there again. Guess it's back to my mate in the tackle shop, at least he gives good advice and doesnt push bum products. All my other reels are Shimano and I cant fault them at all. I just wasnt sure about fishing specifically for Carp and just wanted something relatively cheap to give it a go. The bite alarm, which came with the reel might be a goer...you never know!