Help Needed!!

R

robert white

I'm going to go to a local big carp water for a day and night session! I've never really gone for specimens before, just big bags of medium carp! Could someone please give me a basic guide to what i should do! I'm fishing at Sapphire Lakes in Cromwell near Newark! I would be very greatful! Thankyou

A

Anthony Coser

Just follow the advice so many anglers tell you to do

Never be in a hurry to plonk in the first peg you come to,leave your gear in the car and have a good look round and try to find the fish first,basic stuff but you will amazed how many cant wait to get a bait in the water,even when the carp are at the other end of the lake.
I have a habit of taking my catapult with me and a couple of pocketfuls of mixers or miaow mix,just to see if the fish will give there presence away.
Once your happy with the peg, set a marker rod up to find any underwater features,but if there is numerous snags,weedbeds and visible features in front of you then there may not be no need.(never fished the place so cant help with that one)
Most important of all BE CONFIDENT and take your time getting everything exactly how you want it.It is a long time to sit behind three motionless rods if you dont think everything is spot on.
Once the rods are cast out it doesnt stop there,keep scanning the water for signs of movement,be prepared to move if the water allows(other anglers etc).

GOOD LUCK

R

robert white

Cheers mate! I'll give it a go and i'll post a message later on how i got on!
Thanks!!

S

Steve Bundock

Heard quite recently, that all of the local lads were fishing on top of the bars and blanking, someone turned up for a one off, had a chat to the locals and did the complete opposite to them ie, fished the gullies instead and had a roaring day!!!
In other words, find out what the regulars are doing and try to do something different from them, no matter how trivial.
Good luck to ya.