which cheshire mere

R

rob d

there was an article in the august edition of total carp
about a guy who fished a small cheshire mere does anyone know which mere it is and which club owns it
it was about 7 acres and was along side
a road
thanks
rob

R

rob d

no sorry i didnt buy the mag i think it might be a stoke angling water he was catching carp and getting bream as well
all i know it was right along side a road
with a narrow long bank along the road
thanks rob

E

EC

7 acres isnt exacly huge Rob, so I would get the a-z out, there arent many 'meres' that I know of that have a road running alongside them.

S

stephen cotton

It might be Capesthorne Hall Pool, close to Redesmere, a days only water with SOT angling soc.

A

andrew jackson

It does sound like Winterly pool. Did it mention that no bivies were allowed on the road side due to the limited space?

R

rob d

no mention of bivvies but it that could be the water the roadside bank was very narrow
who has the rights on winterly pool
any ideas
many thanks again]

M

Marker

last i heard chris manifold of aqua products controlled the fishing on winterley.

M

michael brown

Sounds like Rode pool to me Rob.It's long and narrow and runs parallel to the road.There's only about 15 pegs stretching a third of the lake(most of it is unfished).Carp go upto low 30's,bream to 13+,pike 25+,crucians 3+,big perch aswell.It's been a day ticket for years but Mow Cop Anglers have just snapped it up this season.