Method Feeders

S

Simon Bridges

What's the General concensus on method feeders with elastic. Are these considered 'fair' by the fishing population??

R

Rodney Wrestt

Not as far as I'm concerned, These feeders which could leave a fish trailing a weight with very little chance of it breaking the line between the feeder and hook even if it is snagged due to the elastic stretching with the fishes lunges is a death rig and I can't understand why companies still produce them when most people I know convert them into free running or semi fixed ones anyway. There's absolutely no excuse or reason to use them with elastic attached (IMO).

C

Chrisx Ess

Take the elastic out. They can then be used in line.

S

Simon Bridges

Thanks, I have converted to a free running in line set up, minus the elastic.

W

Wendy Perry

sorry to bring this thread up again but last week i bought one of these method feeders and thought i'd seen a thread on here regarding these. This has got pink elastic in it,are you saying that this elastic shouldn't be there ?

W

Wendy Perry

Also Graham or Rik could any of you put a photo in the rigs library of how to set up the method feeder please .:eek:)

Thanks
Wend
x

C

Carp Angler

Wend,

One of my articles has some piccies of a method feeder set up.
Here

A

Alan Areskog

Thanks wendy.
Your message regarding method rig set up was just what i was looking for seeing as i just bought my first ones this morning,and didnt have much idea how to set them up.A a special thanks to Carp angler for a very informative piece.God i love this site.

C

Carp Angler

If you search through the archives, there are several articles on fishing the method.

On the home page, go to the features part and in the search box type 'method feeder'

There are over 500 feature articles on this site, so there is an absolute plethora to look through.

W

Wendy Perry

i know i been reading them all and shall be trying it out tomorrow thanks rik .