southern ireland

J

james hunt

as anyone got any info on coarse fishing in county cork in southern ireland.
i am going for a week in june and can only seem to find any info for sea and game fishing.

M

martin BATEY

Your in luck James. No doubt you will be fishing Iniscarra lake. I will myself be going back to fish this venue again in late June early July. If you are going with a company like anglers world then they will send on to you a excellent guide to this water. This will be the 3rd time there for me. I don't know if you are fixed up yet for accomadation. If you are not then either contact one of the holiday companys about booking with Geraldine Collins at rooves bridge. PHONE 021 334435. 1 minute from Coachford. B&B, full board or self catering. All the holiday companys deal with Geraldine. Trust Me Coachford is the place to be. Exspect loads of small bream. Twice last year I could not pick my net of the floor and not a fish above 2lb in there! If you find the bigger bream exspect fish on average of 4lb apiece, although you will have to be lucky to land on them. But they are there I know from personal exsperience. If I have wetted your appetite give me a E-mail at martin@syc73.worldonline.co.uk and I will gladly give you all the info that you require. The fishing in Ireland is on the slippery slide I am afraid. Not so at Iniscarra. Enjoy it while it lasts. Let Me know how you get on.
Tight lines,
Martin Batey.

J

james hunt

martin thanks for the info i dont know where i am staying exactly as i will be staying with with relatives.
but any extra info on where to fish and how to get there would be handy.
(email me at james@jhunt8.fsnet.co.uk)

N

Nigel Dalton

I went to Iniscarra 3 years ago and with the help of a little local knowledge found fish at Iniscarra village itself.
There's a parking place signposted on a small bay and to the right of the bay there's a point and just to the right , two of us fished about 20 yards out and had big bream to 5lb together with eels to 2lb all week.