Stormy weather

D

David Will

Was anyone else mad enough to fish in the storms Weds night ? It was quite a fireworks display.About half an hour before the wind lightning and thunder started there was a massive settling of flying ants on the lake. There was not a breath of wind and suddenly every fish in the lake thought it was a Trout.Amazing sight but boy was I scared when surrounded by blue streaks of lightning.Mother nature in the raw , brilliant.

A

Andrew Thomas

Me too: on the Teme, caught a barbel first cast in 2 minutes, lost one as the rain began then sat out 50 minutes of torrential downpour, thunder and lightning.

Felt good, sitting under a tree, next to a carbon fibre rod on metal rod rests, in a thunderstorm. Still what are the chances of being struck by lightning twice in a lifetime?......but that's another story.

P

Paul Williams

Andrew, the chances must be about the same as being hit a first time!.......theres something about being out in a storm like that......luverly!!

A

Andrew Thomas

At least I know my waterproofs work!

In fact my cheapo camo ex-army over trousers are fantastically watertight, better even than my expensive Helly Hansen jacket.

F

Frank Curtis

I was at the Watersmeet Motel near Gloucester when that storm hit and sat it out till it passed over then the bream went mad. They were even taking corn on the drop.
Strange thing though, the carp became conspicuous by their absence.