New Years Resolutions?

C

Carp Angler

What are your aims and aspirations for the coming year?
More of the same or a dramatic change in venue or method?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I’ve never had a 6lb chub and that remains a burning ambition.

To do more carp fishing in this country.

To do more pole fishing.

To do more sea fishing.

To fish more often with the new friends I’ve made through FISHINGmagic and the Mailing List.

P

peter webber

Mine has to be to catch a barbel,
To catch a chub over 4lbs.
20lb plus carp.
20 plus pike
Try more new places.

R

Rob Stubbs

My targets are to fish for more difficult and bigger carp on a low stocked water. Ideally to catch at least one carp from said venue(s).

I want to catch my first barbel - but I've got to actually fish for them a bit more often.

I also want to catch one of the very big eels I've seen pics of - or failing that just an eel by design.

I'm also aiming to get abroard much more often next year and I'd like to catch a 40+ carp from France and ideally from South Africa as well.

Oh and not to forget a 20+ pike.

I don't want much :)

Rob.

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
I remember talking about this on the mailing list last year. Oh how a year flies.....

I would like to do at least one of the following (in order of preference).

1 Catch my first 10lb plus barbel.
2 Catch my first 5lb chub
3 Catch my first 20lb carp
4 Catch my first 3lb perch

Realistic in as much that my pb's are just short at 1) 9-14 2) 4-10 3) 19-8 4) 2-10.

One would do, more than that would be nice.

C

Carp Angler

Get down on the Hants Avon Cooperman, you could break all your PB's in an afternoon.

Knowing your Welsh brethrens fish identification skills are you sure your chub PB isn't 9-14?

M

Mike Fidler

Ha Ha! poor old Dave, My resolutions are to fish my local waters more and enjoy it! Also to fish with my buddies from the list and forum and catch a huge french carp later this year!

N

Neil Wayte

Here we go then,

To actually fish with Rik we have talking about it for too long.
My first Barbel.
To catch a 5lb Chub
A 30lb river carp.

All of these should be obtainable from Fishers Green.

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
Carp

WE ENGLISH know our fish. And I know I'm rich, but not rich enough to pay for a Hants Avon ticket and only use it five times a year.

N

Neil Wayte

Seven quid a day on the royalty in the winter an't gonna break the bank though Dave.?5 for other stretches,ask carp he will tell you.

N

Neil Wayte

You could all of these bar the perch from fishers green for about ?65 and that includes a couple of lakes that have 4olb carp and double figure Tench and Bream and are lightly fished.

P

Philip Inzani

Loads of stuff I would like to do if I had the time?.
On the Carp front one burning ambition is to catch a real biggie from the Seine before they all get stolen! There are some monster Barbel and Chub swimming about over here as well so one of them would be nice.
When I come back to the UK I will keep plugging away after Perch. I was lucky enough to catch some good ones last year so I hope to keep that up if I can. I would also LOVE to catch a big Roach?.I have put in quite a bit of time for them in the past without really being rewarded so I hope this year will be the one. I will also try and spend at least a week or so after Bream and I would like to put some time in after Pike which I really miss. A pound plus Dace would be great or a big Grayling?..

P

peter webber

Hi philip
Was you able to get up to the medway over xmas ???

P

Philip Inzani

Hi Pete, no unfortunatly I did not. Really frustrating, I humped all my tackle over but then could not get away to fish! I hope to be coming back towads the end of January and I really want to try and spend at least one day there. Do you know if the Roach shoal there during the winter....are they likly to have moved when I get back ? Did you manage any trips over xmas ?

C

Chris Bishop

I still want to catch a 30lb pike more than anything, I'd also like to add a few pounds to my best zander and get the hang of lure fishing.

P

peter webber

Philip
Read "strange but true" to see how goose and mtself got on.
As far as I know the roach do stay around there in large numbers along with some nice big bream.
I'm hopping the water is as it should be when I go next week and I may give my fav swim just below the weir a go, or try stalking for the chub in the stream that runs beside it.

P

Paul Williams

ok Rik here's mine
30lb river pike
20lb river carp
3lb roach from anywhere!!

i fancy my chances with the carp but the others? i know were they are so i suppose thats part way there!!!

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
Neil/Carp

I would gladly pay anything to fish the Avon if it was an easily accessible river for me. But I can't justify the cost of club memberships while I also have tickets to fish the Wye, Severn and Bristol Avon and the journey is a 200 mile round trip. Perhaps when I get fed up (?) of fishing those three I will put some time in on the Hants Avon.

C

Carp Angler

I'm doing a 250 mile round trip on Friday to fish an evening session with you lot.
I'm not fed up of fishing the Avon, I just find the Severn......more exciting.