New Years Day Fishing

S

Stewart Bloor

Fished the Mease today, It was HIGH, I mean really high. I fell in twice, and that was just in the flooded meadow (in the same spot !!).I came home soaking wet... Mrs Sedge says I am truly amazing, and I don't think she meant that in a complimentary sense...
Yeah, I also blanked as well...

P

Paul Williams

Sludge, this is a serious question !! can you swim?????

C

Carp Angler

Any rivers looking fishable for Friday?
Teme, Warks Avon, Wye???????

C

Carp Angler

Actually, include in that list.....
Thames
Trent
Nene
Medway.....

anywhere????????????

P

Paul Williams

I'll let you know about Thurs Rik, if the Wye's ok then i'm on there.

A

Alan Cooper

I hope the subtitle to this thread isn't an omen - but yes, I blanked as well. Not even a nibble. And this time I can't say I was after the "fickle" barbel - it was centrepin float trotting for just as fickle roach.

M

Mike Fidler

Fished the Nene opposite the old power station yesterday and had plenty of runs from active jack pike. Unfortunatly only connected with one but it broke my duck and the curse of Sedgley. Today had a look down there again and the waters up again with the thaw, might be ok for the weekend.

N

Neil Wayte

The Lee will probably be okay Rik.Looks like I will be up there chubbing on Saturday.

C

Chris Bishop

Fished the drains three days in a row with one lost fish to show for it. Weather wierd to say the least - snow and really cold Sat, nearly everywhere frozen Sun, mild and rivers running off like mad yesterday.

A

Alan Cooper

Where on the Lee (or Lea) Neil. I fish (quite unsuccessfully please note) Kings Weir a bit. It was there last that I got bite after bite and just couldn't connect - two weeks ago.

N

Neil Wayte

Morning Alan,on the RMC stretch at Fishersgreen.Just leaving home now to go up there.I only had two bites last time Saturday but managed to hook one chub 4lb 8oz a new pb for me.

A

Alan Cooper

Nice one Neil - I have fished the LAA stretch on the other side. The top end of RMC coincides with the top end of the LAA on the other bank. Very chubby looking stretch your side - all those overhanging trees. Although I know the chub are all over - it is just connecting with the b's.