Shopping Partner problem

K

Kevan Farmer

Has anybody received any strange e-mails - usually blank but with a number of attachments - after registering or requesting a catalogue from one of the FishingMagic shopping Partners? I really don't want to name the company involved but you will know if you have had these odd e-mails. The attachments contain a virus payload - Klez.

I have alerted the company over 6 months ago that this was happening but they still have not cleared up the infection.

I am now getting mail from a company called Energis saying that I have sent them an infected e-mail. I haven't this is part of the Klez virus. Once your e-mail address is on this particular company's database the virus uses it to spoof infected mails to other companies.

Graham. I will mail you direct with the name of the company if you wish but I don't want to do it publicly as they are a good firm with good products and I would not want to damage their business. Maybe it just needs somebody else to remind them that they have a virus problem.

Sorry for this being rather cryptic but I am sure every one will understand.

Kevan

F

Frank Curtis

Kevan, I've seen similar complaints to yours on other forums including some in the U.S. This Klez virus seems to be infecting a number of company's e.mails so I would suggest to Graham that when he contacts the company in question he also advises them to report to the appropriate authorities as I believe that intentionally infecting anybody's system is now a criminal offence.
Remember the international search for the perpetrator of the recent virus that was spread world-wide. That person is now facing a long term of imprisonment.
Keep your anti-virus programmes continuously active.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Kevin, if you let me know who it is I'll pass on the information to our tech lads in London to try and get it sorted.

R

Rodney Wrestt

I have also recieved these, I got one every day for the last 3 days.

D

Drew McDonald

Likewise mate, I get at least one a day but my anti virus set up seems to be dealing with it at the moment,I dont know how you all manage to keep so calm about them, I want to tear someone's head off and take a dump down their throats when i get a virus, meant or not.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Drew,
You need to work it out in the ring, all that aggression can't be good for you or your opponant :eek:)

B

Birds Nest

You need to remember that the majority of people who send viruses don't actually know they are sending it. Besids, have you actualy 'had' a virus? or just seen your Anti-Virus software stop them? Use good Anti-Virus software, keep it up to date, you'll be fine...