Get togethers

N

Neil Wayte

Having only recently found the site I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the posts and articles.Are there any more plans for a trip to the Severn before the end of the season.I have seen that some of you are off to Lynch hill Roach fishing shortly but unfortunatley it is too close to christmas for me to anymore time off work.But if another Severn trip is going to be organised I would like to be cheeky and invite myself along.Seeing as most of you guys are Barbel experts I can learn a lot from you and maybe land my first one.Can't wait to see what nickname sedge would come up with for me(no rude ones please my daughter reads this as well)

D

Dave Johnson

I dont know about Sedge' s nickname Neil, but with a name like that and hoping to fish with Sedge you certainly will be in for a long 'Wayte' before you land your first Barbel!
Why dont you join the mailing list and really see how 'expert' we all are.....
welcome anyway.
Chub

A

Alan Roe

I hope to get the centerpin fish in happening before the end of March on the Severn if it's of any interest to you.

D

Dave Johnson

Alan, it will have to be before the 15th March-if we are to stay legal......I suppose a trundelled worm for eels via the centrepin could be allowed!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Neil, I'm hoping to get together on the lower Severn with the lads again soon for some barbel bashing.

I'm just waiting for them to give me the nod that it's fishable and me and my mate Dave Colclough will be there pronto.

I'll look forward to meeting you then if you can make it. Should be fun watching Sedge fall in and Cooperman opening tins of meat even if we don't catch anything.

Oh, and you might see Rik fishing for pike - not!

D

Dave Johnson

as soon as the next Friday session is finalised let me know Graham with the details as I finish Friday lunchtimes and am itching to get into the barbel again-and I bet they are fighting fit anf toned up now eh?
Is it still the Upton area?

N

Neil Wayte

I'd like a pound for every time I've heard "wayte a minute" I'd be richer than mr Marsden.How do I find the mailing list on the site please guys.

P

Paul Williams

Neil, richer than Graham!!! ha ha ha, but you are welcome to tag along as are you Dave, i'll even show you Rik's swim if you promise not to tell im !!!! best tactic's though are to let Sludge choose first swim and then fish a long way from him!!!! a better nickname for him would have been "Splash" Bloor !!!!

M

Mike Fidler

Neil, look for Egroups.com on your search engine and then look for fishingline@egroups.com, sign in and your there!

Also what about my last name? boy did I have a few scraps at school.

D

Dave Johnson

there is a join list button on the home page somewhere Neil-wayte a min i will go check exactly where

N

Neil Wayte

Thanks guys even a thick carp angler like me has found the links button.Anyone else like to take the micky out of my surname like Dave whilst were are at it.I'd just like to mention that I'm 6foot 2inches tall weigh around 20 stone and I'm an ex doorman and biker.Just ask the axeman from another site who had a go over the net but stopped very quickley after Paul Selman introduced him to me at the Sandown show.

D

Dave Johnson

aaaaagggghhhhh. but are you a ponytailed taxi driver.......

long story.......

ex-doorman-does that mean you are old or were no good at it?

carp man eh, you better have thick skin on this site then Neil

G

Goose Ganderton

You dont worry us Neil we will all stand behind Sedge cos he works for THE BIG MAN and while you are sorting out Sedge it will give the rest of us time to run for cover.

A

Alan Roe

I SPY RIVERCARPER!!!Do I get my ten points.
That was a nice photo of you in the Anglers Mail with that monster Koi.
I hope that you are remaining a biker! Mines a Triumph Sprint.
You are still welcome to the centerpin fish in which I hope will be happening before the 14th March for the pedantic!!
On the 15th I plan to be on my beloved upper Ribble Trout fishing..

N

Neil Wayte

Wow that got a responce.Firstly Dave I'm old and still pretty so I must have been good.!!!!!
Alan gets ten points and unfortunatly I don't ride anymore got married and couldn't afford the trouble that always that seemed to find me.Much more prefer to go fishing.I would love to get on the Severn before the end of the season.
I'm thick skinned enough to learn from you guys,never to old to learn.My carp fishing is sliding slowly in to the back ground and I'm looking to spend more time fishing for other species.

D

Dave Johnson

yeah OK....my Anglers mail must have had a smudged page 38 then Neil......as Jim Royle would say "pretty my ar......."
So Neil, you gonna post some tips from your literary gems?
The Royalty section in the background certainly looked 'up a bit' to me......no chub?

N

Neil Wayte

Never had aChub or Barbel off the royalty in three winters fishing.Probably because since they changed the sluices on the Parlour the chub and barbel just don't get up there.Mind you I have fished other swims and never had a pull.Poor old Andy Little just gets pestered with them when he trys to catch the carp.Love him.

N

Neil Wayte

Oh I forgot yes the river was over the east bank and probably still is but that won't stop you catching carp from the Parlour or Watersmeet.

S

Stewart Bloor

Neil, Brummie Williams is a biker as well...he rides a Chopper...

A

Alan Roe

Neil Speaking of the Axeman I'm taking him on the river Ribble with me on Thursday after Grayling and Chub, should be fun..