Bed Chairs

S

simon hall

I am currently looking to buy a bed chair for the longer sessions as at the moment I am using just a fox chair. I will probably be going for a decent fox bed chair. Anyone got any comments on good bed chairs /models/prices etc.

D

David Will

Simon have alook at the Fox Stalker price itro ?99.00.Only needed to tighten up all the elastics and if it lasts as long as my last Fox one (12years) I will be well pleased.Got mine from Mark Blake , Blakes Tackle Windsor.

E

EC

I am sure Fox were advertising their chairs/beds as being reduced in price, in this (or last) months CF!

Badger chairs and beds seem well priced, as do several others, all the prices seem to have fell on this type of product recently!

D

David Will

You'll need a weight training course prior to carrying a Badger job :)

I

Ian Whittaker

I've had a Shakespeare bedchair for 3 years.Its bloody heavy but I sleep well on it.

S

Sascha Welsch

JRC 3-leg Coccoon. On the more expensive side but worth every penny. If I could fit my girlfriend on it next to me I wouldn't miss my bed in the slightest!

R

Rob Stubbs

JRC arguably make the best bedchairs. I use a cocoon two leg and I'm sure they're under 150 quid now. They are light and strong and I've never had a problem with mine (and had it for about 4 years).

Rob.

A

Andy Nellist

I agree with Robb the JRC Cocoon 2 leg is v. light and v. comfy and you can get then for around ?130 these days.

C

Carp Angler

The biggest factor is how big you are and how much you weigh.

The majority of bedchairs are seemingly built for children and small women.
That's fine if you're of Marsdenesque stature, but they won't last long if you bigger than an 8 year old child.

Most chairs will have a weight rating and for good reason.
I have a 6 leg JRC and have a 7th leg added to the foot end, otherwise you will lean on it and it will bend.

S

Sascha Welsch

Paid ?150 for my 3(6)legged JRC, rated to 20 stone I believe. Not the lightest on the market but comfortable enough to carry and the comfort, strength and longevity of the design certainly pays for itself.

Carp,
Where do you get the 7th leg? Had my usual 'sit on the foot end and end up arse over tip' last time out so it would be a godsend.

C

Carp Angler

The Fox one fits.
Go for the shorter of the two.
The longer one is designed for propping up the head end.

I believe they are currently out of stock though, unless your local dealer has existing stock.

B

Birds Nest

all together now... "I'm Jake the peg, with an extra leg, diddle diddle diddle dum...."

S

simon hall

Thanks for the info guys I will be visiting my local tackle shop next Wednesday to purchase a Fox or JRC bedchair. Don't tell me missus though.