Targa line

W

Wag

I've been using Shakespeare Targa line, both Specimen, Match and Hooklength,in strengths from 3lb to 12lb for almost all my fishing for a couple of years now. I find it thinner and more supple than most similarly priced lines, but I've never seen it reviewed anywhere, or recommended by anyone else. Am I missing something, or is other line so much better?

C

Carp Angler

I was given a few spools of light stuff to look at, I gave it a cursory glance and it appeared OK, nothing special and it didn't appear to be any better than what I was currently using so it never saw the bank.

D

David Will

Well you carry on Carl . I do not suppose Shakespeare have a large UK advertising budget , or a team of experts to endorse their products. It won't be any worse and probobly a lot better than the crap put forward by some 'experts'.

K

keith reid

Never had any problems with it. If you can get it the team silstar line was excellent...now goes under the name Clarkes Tackle I believe.

C

Carp Angler

Yes,
an excellent line for pole rigs and hooklengths.
Now distributed by WB Clarke.

G

Geoff Cowen

I have been using it myself for the last year and have found it to be good value. I got a load cheap at my local tackle shop, he sold off his stock cheap, as it was not popular. Cannot thin why – other than snob value. Shakespeare is seen as being at the lower end of the market. But in my opinion they sell good quality equipment at a proper price.
The only problem I have found is that you have to be careful tying knots with it as it can pull through. But that seems to be the same with all thinner lines.

G

Gary Knowles

The Silstar Match stuff was one of the best hooklengths I ever used - very unfashionable though !!!