Fox Alarms

J

jeff burgess

I have a Micron ES alarm which beeps when switched on but won't beep when the wheel moves. I phoned Fox today to see about getting it repaired only to be told that they 'don't normally repair budget models'. Terrific. The alarm is just over a year old and I can't have used it more than half a dozen times and in a second will fly towards the waste bin. Go for the quality end lads (and lassies)!

R

Rob Stubbs

Jeff,
I would imagine it would cost you more to get it repaired than to buy a new one. You can always try and fix it yourself - if it fails you won't have lost anything. NB the bottom end alarms are usually very reliable (so I'm told by my friend in the tackle trade).

Rob.

S

Steve Clements

Rob, I dont think it should cost Jeff anything to get his alarms fixed.If he has only used them 6 times then he paid too much whatever the cost imo.
Jeff have you tried a little more,shall we say'insistently',If the budget alarms fail so dramatically so soon they should'nt be marketed and you can always emphasise the benefits of good PR to a valued customer!
Otherwise get on all the sites and scream blue murder about it.
P.S: Dont see many budget Delkims do you?

M

Martin Lewis

Stick to the FOx M's....?20's all for reliability. It's true as Rob states...the simple no nonsense alarms are the ones that last...less to go wrong?!!

(why then have I got TXI's??..ha..ha!!)

R

Rob Stubbs

Steve,
If the alarms are outside their warranty period then it's perhaps a little unfair but then that's life. He could try taking them back to where he bought them and 'blagging it' on the date but if you don't have a good relationship with the shop you don't stand much chance. And if I was fox and someone said he'd only used them six times I would doubt them, but it matters not if the warranties expired. The bottom line however, is a new alarm will only cost 20 quid.

Rob.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

May as well kiss goodbye to it now then if Cakey's looking at it!!!!!!!

;o)

C

Cakey

I was going to say the burgers but then I thought we might need you next year

G

Gary Knowles

you gotta be kidding cakey - I'd rather bring a case of pot noodles !!!!

S

Stuart Bullard

But Gary, Warren would probably burn those to. I can see it now next year..."HERE MATE, DO YOU WANT A POT NOODLE!?!".

W

Blame Gary for the food turing to charcoal, he kept topping me glass up. I just happened to keep drinking it.

WANNA NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODLE

S

Stuart Bullard

Actually mate at the end all you did was keep knocking it over. Did you actually do any fishing ?

W

Woke up in the morning, had not cast out but somehow had managed to tie some rigs, they looked a right mess, like me. Just glad i didn't manage to cast em in. Dear o dear.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Dear Warren, take no notice mate, I can't wait for you to cook for me again and the offer of another private visit to my bivvy just leaves me excited just thinking about it!
BTW. I think you're all being unfair, Barney never topped up Warrens glass, in fact I can't remember him having a drink at all!

As for you Stuart, wheres the blood check for the event?

P

Paul Williams

Warren......i'm sure Graham would love to show your rigs on the "rigs page" :)

P

Paul Williams

and for chris sake don't leave Warren in charge of the pot noodles.....the mind boggles at what hot fluid he would make em with!!!!!