Anyone Fished/Fishing Ecton ?

D

David Whitmill

Is this the Ecton near Earls Barton, Northants?

If so, I've often wondered about fishing there.

Have you fished there in the past Brett?

T

Tim Richardson

Dave,I've heared that the track leading down to the pits are so badly rutted that you wold need a 4x4 to get down there.More importantly though there has been a big problem with gipsies.I'll try to find out a bit more later in the week.

T

Tony O'dell

Northampton Nene have now the lost ( given up? ) fishing right to these pits, does anyone know who owns the fishing rights nowadays?
PS Last time i fished here was May this year

V

vince battams

As yet no one has the fishing rights but the landowners themselves.
The Big Carp lake is still getting fished, i heard of a few mid doubles coming out and there has been 3 x 30's out as well this year.
Do not fish alone though, make sure you have a mobile with you just in case the gypsies pay a visit.
Middle lake is weeding up, something it never used to do.

B

Birds Nest

used to spend some great summer days there catching carp on light tackle, great fun...

T

Tony O'dell

Do you know why Northampton Nene lost the fishing rights?

V

vince battams

they didn't lose them as far as i was aware,but gave them up due to the constant hassle of the gypsies.

T

Tony O'dell

Vince, do u know who the land owner is....and is he open to people approaching him for short term permits?

V

vince battams

Tony,i will find this out for you, i know a few of the carp boys are still fishing it regardless of the gypsies.
Are you from Northampton by the way tony?

B

Brett Chilvers

I heard that a few lads had started a syndicate at ?70 a year, just to fish the specimen lake. Is this true and if so is there a contact number?

T

Tony O'dell

Not far away Vince...am from Olney...bout 10 miles away. Would be great if you could find out that info.
Best regard
Tony

D

David Whitmill

Sorry to off at a tangent but do you guys have any info on Brightwells nr Addington and Thrapston Pits?

Club info, fish size/stock
Any other useful info

Cheers
Dave

T

Tony O'dell

One of the pits at Thrapston is under my Rushden ticket,,but i have never fished it....
sorry...
regards
Tony

V

vince battams

david,
I will email you info on Brightwells and waters at thrapston.

V

vince battams

Tony,
No news yet awaiting a phone call from a reliable sourcr, get back to you as soon as i can.
Living in Olney as you do, can you put me on to some barbel in your area as i soon will be giving the carp a rest.
Regards
Vince

T

Tony O'dell

Cheers Vince.....if u can send me an email, will put you onto some genuine info for barbel, and where you will catch a few, and not end up fishing for ghosts!!!!

D

David Whitmill

Tony,

Any chance you could share you Barbel knowledge with me?

I've never fished for Barbel but I'm eager to give it ago in the near future.

Regards
Dave

T

Tony O'dell

lol....where do you live David.....can give you a few pointers.....know most of the local waters...