Dayticket Dove

W

Willie Russell

Does anyone know of any decent dayticket stretches on the river Dove, which are easily accessed within a couple of hours drive of Lancashire.

Any info on B&B/pubs (clean and fish friendly preferrably) would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Sorry Willie, I don't know of any day ticket stretches on the Dove. That doesn't mean there aren't any, just that I don't know where they are.

D

Dave Johnson

Same here Willie. not sure of any D/T stretches. One or two clubs will issue a D/T as long as a member fishes with them....but even that is impractical.

R

Richard Drayson

I've had a look on the 'net' for you Willie.
Haven't found any day-ticket stretches but I have found a contact number for fishing on the Dove at Doveridge.
The number is 01889 565986. It might be worth enquiring about day-ticket availability.

Also, Pride of Derby AC issue weekly tickets for ?17.00
Contact Allen Miller at allenmiller95@btinternet.com or phone 01283 702701.
I've posted their river details below:-

The scenic River Dove section is located at the Scropton area and is a mixed fishery with coarse / game fishing available. The game fishing is restricted to a small quantity of brown trout but the coarse fishing is a much different matter. The River in this area is famous for its barbel fishing and there is a very large head of these fish that are "wild" and run up to 10 lbs in weight. Also chub, bream and roach are present. Access is via a locked car park and a minimum walk of 200 yards (this area unfortunately is not suitable for disabled or infirm anglers due to the sometimes lengthy walks).

D

Dave Johnson

I know quite a bit of the 'Pride' stretches and they are excellent waters. Not sure if there is a condition associated with the club though that insists you have to 'skyline' wherever possible-I have never seen so much of it as on Pride stretches of the Dove.......typically at dusk after you have prepared a swim for three hours!!!!!!gggggrrrr.....

W

Willie Russell

Thanks guys, especially Richard; you don't work for the AA by any chance do you?

Seriously though, much appreciated.

B

Birds Nest

"Not sure if there is a condition associated with the club though that insists you have to 'skyline' wherever possible"... its in the rule book Dave. Also, I think the club on the opposide banke have a rule where you have to yell across 'Any Good' whenever there is someone on the bank...

R

Richard Drayson

Willie,
No, I gave up Al... al... alcoholics Anom... amon... amonymoush (hic) yearsh agro (burp)!

Seriously though, no I do not work for the AA.
Please would you let the forum know if you have any luck with day-tickets.