License fee by direct debit-take care!

flightliner

Reaction score
Its that time of year again when the EA send out notices to anglers who buy thier license by direct debit stating that they will be debited the fee (£27) on the first of march. A friend of mine enjoyed his sixty fifth birthday last year in the early part of April and was almost caught out, but on the last day possible he notified the agency that for the coming angling year much of it would be consessioary ((£18 now). He was told that as his birthday fell after the 1st of March he would have to pay the full amount so he cancelled his direct debit -waited a week or so as he wasnt going fishing and then bought one at the post office, so saving £9.00 on todays price.
Do take care this year if you are sixty four years old now. No matter if its monthes down the line when you reach sixty five but if its only a few days or so into march/april then you may get stung. On the subject of license,s when was the last time you saw a bailiff? The last time i saw one on the Trent was 1963!!!!!:eek:

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Good call there flightliner.
I'm just going to check out the 65 age though.
You get other concessions from the Government at 60, so is this one different?

Checked it, ALL anglers over 65( includes women), now I wonder, did they change that, were women of 60 previously allowed concessionary rates?

Last edited:

Colin Brett

Reaction score
I tod a fib about my DOB bu**ered if I was paying the full price for a birthday just into April.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Checked it, ALL anglers over 65( includes women), now I wonder, did they change that, were women of 60 previously allowed concessionary rates?
That's a good point too, Fred. Bet a few women have been caught out when they really deserve a concessionary licence.

Now should I hang on until next January? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm .......

captain carrott

Reaction score
why should women get concessions 5 years earlier when they live on average 10 years longer?