Advice on 2lb test carp rod....

T

Tony O'dell

Am presently looking for a 12 foot 2lb test curve carp rod. Looking for something for close to medium range fishing, preferably with a slim light blank, not ringed for distance fishing, ie small rod rings. Anything anyone can suggest around 100 pound mark?
regards
Tony

T

Tony O'dell

Cheers...where is best place to purchase these rods...anywhere online i can view them?

B

Birds Nest

Its a carp rod, what did you expect ?

Have a look at the Daiwa powermesh's... I picked up a pair 2nd had in the 2lb TC for 90 quid...

P

Pat Farr

2lb Diaflash original... delicious! The purple flashes have me in a daze...

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Tony, the best and cheapest way is to go to a rod builder, ask for Ballistas then he'll ask you waht rings you want put on them. Thats what I do. I can't remember the last time I bought a rod off the shelf!

B

Birds Nest

how does getting them built compare to 'off the shelf' on the cost front Stu ?

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
well firstly, you aint paying for someone to brand their name on it, secondly, you don't get near to what you want you et it spot on, which to me there aint no price comparison, in most cases you aint paying tax, vat etc and if you want to scale down on the costs of grips, rings and fittings etc you can.

I went for 3 Ballista slims and went all out on top notch fittings and eys etc, they cost me ?450 for the lot. If I'd cut back on all the bells and whistles they would of set me back less than ?100 each and would still ave been for personal specification and quality.

I'll be going back for 3 x 3.5 tc's soon. To me the benefits are the personal touches for look and especially feel, eyes and set out to my specification and more importantly in tis day and age, the security tagging.

I

Ian Whittaker

Bells & Whistles ?- are these indicators like buzzers?!?

C

Cakey

I'll be going back for 3 x 3.5 tc's soon.

what you going road sweeping??

C

Carp Angler

If the 3.5's are of the same calibre as his 2.75's, then at least he'll be able to handle some tench now as well as the bream.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Back to the original question......(and) thanks to the people who gave sensible answers i.e carp angler i shall try it out for the weekend cheers

T

Tony O'dell

Stuary..where did u get them made up....or can anyone else make any recomendations on a rod builder?