pidgeon conditioner

S

Steve Wilson

how do i prepare the above and how do i use it . cheers in advance

C

Cakey

I soak it for 24hrs, then I boil it for 20 mins,then I let it ferment for a couple of days,it should be a loverly gooey mess if you get it right !

CAKEY

C

Cakey

ps just thought of another thing I do,buy some ice cube bags and fill up with the mix and freeze ,take to your swim in a cool box , break out the bags and you can throw or catapult the frozen cubes into your swim with no mess !

CAKEY

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
also...soak with mollasses (?5 PER GALON) a couple of good glugs will do it. Aftersoaking, move to pan and then boil the lot.

C

Cakey

You and your molasses.
Once you have soaked in molasses the individual flavours of the conditioner is lost so you might as well buy the cheapest seed available to use as a carrier.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
thats the ticket Cakey! An old mate of mine got me onto Molasses and I've never looked back. Even you Cakey came round yesterday and asked what was that loverleee smell coming out of a pot containing mollasses.

Why buy expensive seed?

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
BTW Cakey, thats like saying that if you pour gravy over a roast dinner, then the taste of the meat, potatoes and vegetables are all the same and thats complete bollo.....x

S

Shrek

Depends on who makes your gravy...............!!!!!

You should try my mother-in-laws!!!!!

S

Stuart Bullard

So Stu, what is the score with Mollasses? Is it only used as an attractor in the seed, or is it used in hook baits as well? I soak my chickpeas in maplecream (mainly for tench). Is it similar?

S

Stuart Bullard

Tony, I have used maplecream for my tench for a couple of years and swear by it. Basically I just add a little to my hook baits, normally chickpeas or corn. I do not add it to any free offerings or ground bait. At my local lake it is also readily taken by carp, but we are not talking about a "proper" carp water.

At Bury Hills earlier this year I fished Chickpeas, one soaked and one straight from the tin. The maplecream outscored by 4:1. Similar results in "proper" waters.

I read it in an article which asked a number of top anglers their favourite flavours and a high percentage said maplecream for Tench.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Stu, I'm now putting all particles (chick peas, hemp, maize, tigers, peanuts and pidgeon conditioner) into soak with mollasses. Leaving for 24 hours, cooking them for 30-40 minutes then blending them all up nice and small. I'll leave them in soak by covering them slightly with additional water then adding a dash of the attractor glug that I use on a hookbait boilie.
My theory is that the blended mix will settle right down on the bottom and in the surrounding weed and release the right smelling message which will hopefully inspire a frustrated feeding frenzy in which only a few loose baits and the hookbait will be available.
Whereas before I would bait up with particles (whole) and perhaps overfeed, I’m now trying to release the right signals to the carp’s brain to feed without overfeeding.

D

Dave Dowson

Reckon your spot on there Stu.
You got me thinking now
Tight lines
Dave

S

Steve Wilson

thank you people ,but i never would of thought about putting the lot in the blender
more food for thought

C

Cakey

Suart
I know where your coming from but your soaking not pouring, never mind I,ll stick with me single hook baits.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
I wouldn’t say that I’ve got to a certain point with my fishing that I’m happy with and that I’m just trying to improve bit by bit as I just don’t have enough carp fishing experience under my belt, I’m just stretching my thoughts in the hope that some of my methods will produce and then I can work on the improvements. But as Rik will vouch, I’m always coming up with crazy ideas on how to gain the edge, some of them good, some of them just totally laughable! He’ll vouch for that!

S

Stuart Bullard

OK Stu, thanks, got the drift now. And Cakey, not sure what you mean.